some suggestions
Regarding the current state of weapon balance in AC, I'd say that it's slightly more favorable than the era of Assault Rifle Cube. But considering all factors and variables alike, it has only stepped down to the era of Sub-machine gun Cube, which is devoid of mechanical complexity as the Assault Rifle at least favoured fluidity and rapidity of movement, which has demonstrated to be a large factor in strategics and tactics alike, going so far as to render the other weapons useless in comparison. But even that is an exaggeration as the current SMG is only slightly worse than the current AR for rifle-sprinting, and its faster reload speed evens out that slight disadvantage in certain circumstances. Like being able to fend off chasing adversaries as you're nearing your base with their flag. Imagine such situations while utilizing the AR, which has a slower reloading speed. It's most likely that these adversaries are capable SMG users which can consistently kill you in the time that it would take for a good sniper to shoot your head successfully. Basically, the SMG is currently the best fragging weapon whilst also being an adequate flagging weapon. That's an enormous advantage that the automatics in this game have over the other weapons - being able to rifle sprint. CTF obviously largely revolves around flagging, and most maps are too small to even give a damn about the "advantage" that sniper you hold would give you. Even if it counts as two points, a single frag is still a single frag. The sniper is best only for KDR whoring, and good luck even accomplishing that in inters against formidable SMG extremists.

TOP 5 weaponz in ASSAULT CUBE list
1. SMG
2. AR
3. SNIPER
4. SHOTGUN
5. CARBINE

The sniper is higher than the shotgun only because of its scarce effectivity in long-range shooting. The only map that actually favours the shotgun is ac_cavern, where snipers are given an atrocious disadvantage. It's fast paced and your targets are psychos with SMGs, ARs, and shotguns who move as fast as their bullets can. Good luck aiming at dat flagger who's able to confuse you by waltzing around the place like its a goddamn maze (which it is). The time it'll take for a good sniper to successfully track a flagger with an AR in this map is long enough for a stealth-class shotgun Cuber to successfully splatter a sniper who's trying to chase the flagger in point-blank shotgun territory range (which most of the encounters in this map are). But the shotgun was only an actual shotgun in 1.04 anyways so even if you play at 400+ ping, it's better to just use the sniper, which is weaker than the AR.

I don't need to explain why the carbine is redundant in this version. But if they reduced the damage to 50 HP for every hit and made it so that this weapon could fire the first two shots rapidly (but with a delay for every other attempt), then it would be a very viable competitive weapon considering that it ignores all armour. That's not realistic and it probably doesn't portray the capabilities of the actual real-life weapon, but neither is rifle-sprinting. This modification would make the current sniper entirely redundant but the sniper can be balanced as well... but we can also just remove the carbine entirely. Snipers are pretty common-place in most FPS (even having similar weapons like the railgun), so I don't think it would harm anyone at all except CharlieMurphy and Undead with his endless bragging about being the best Carbine user.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would continue with my detailed thoughts on an ideal version of AC but I got lazy so I will cut my post short. Long story short, the AR's rifle-sprinting power should be increased a little bit, the SMG's current offensive power is ok but it should be less effective for rifle-sprinting, the shotgun should go back to how it was in 1.04, the sniper's 80 HP damage should be increased to 90 and sniper users should get a slight speed boost in switching to the pistol, the carbine's 60 HP damage should be reduced to 50 but its fire rate should be two rapid-fire shots but with delays for every other attempt (or you can just remove this weapon entirely).

All in all there's no real substitute for experimentation so my ideas are merely speculative, but I do think that they're quite accurate to properly balance the main weapons. As for the nades I have zero clue

can some competitive player engage in discussion with me pls. ty but casual players can as well k.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
some suggestions - by Vinayill - 26 Feb 15, 08:00AM
RE: some suggestions - by stef - 26 Feb 15, 09:48AM
RE: some suggestions - by Nightmare - 26 Feb 15, 01:20PM
RE: some suggestions - by stef - 26 Feb 15, 03:20PM
RE: some suggestions - by Honor - 26 Feb 15, 04:31PM
RE: some suggestions - by stef - 26 Feb 15, 05:10PM
RE: some suggestions - by Andrej - 26 Feb 15, 07:37PM
RE: some suggestions - by Robtics - 26 Feb 15, 07:47PM
RE: some suggestions - by Flint - 27 Feb 15, 02:17AM
RE: some suggestions - by Waffles - 27 Feb 15, 04:22AM