AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations
(21 Nov 14, 06:22PM)grenadier Wrote: ..

All of your points were just glib and useless apart from the fact that AC's source code was migrated from sf to github. While I agree it is genuinely a good change, that alone won't be enough to make potential code contributors submit their work, since you give responses like "You are very wrong" without any elaboration whatsoever.

Where is the motivation for people to code patches for things like this if it they're sure the dev team will just shoot it down? The pause feature is a great example of this - Larry coded the entire thing and it just got brushed under the rug.
Speaking about the pause feature, the only reason it wasn't added is because some select few devs believe it doesn't fit with the game.
While I do appreciate and recognise that some developers do contribute with bug fixes, code and other important duties (really no sarcasm, it's appreciated), some devs take a backseat and do nothing besides shoot down people's suggestions - there is precisely no shame in putting your ego aside when the greatest reason you can come up with not to add a feature which is incredibly popular has been fully coded already is "I don't think it fits with [my vision of] AC".

Please don't reply to my post with sarcastic remarks or silly useless comments. Even if you dislike me I'm at least trying to be constructive, your last post was (mostly) not.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations - by Vanquish - 21 Nov 14, 07:12PM