AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations
(20 Oct 14, 12:08AM)Nightmare Wrote: 'Vanquish has to go to jamz's house and pick up sugar for the apple pie he is making and pauses the game for 10 minutes'

I have a car and (provisional) driving license now, so it wouldn't take that long :p
Anyway I agree with what you said about the pause feature. If devs are so adamant not to include it, they could at least have /timeout (60 second pause before automatically resuming) and /timein (after 5 seconds, resumes the game) commands like in quake. Similar feature but it's different than the way it works in Sauer, as that seems to be hated around here.
I also think that there's a bit of a mislead opinion here about why pausing is bad. That in itself isn't what annoys anyone or disrupts someone's enjoyment, what causes the irritation is the fact that a certain player has to go or has disconnected or lagged out or something in the first place which can disrupt the flow a player or team has midgame, in extreme cases perhaps influencing the outcome of a game - and there's nothing that can be done to preserve the score and game scenario as it was and stop the countdown. It's almost like a rite of passage that when someone disconnects, people always moan and then someone says "why is there no pause feature?".
It would be much less irritating if there was a pause feature of some sort implemented, to prepare for the eventuality that something does go wrong.

I just don't understand why people are opposed to this. Make it an admin-only feature if necessary (it's fairly common nowadays for at least 1 in 6 players in a competitive game to have an admin password on a major match server), but just don't sweep the issue under the rug again.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations - by Vanquish - 20 Oct 14, 12:58AM