AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations
(19 Oct 14, 04:54PM)stef Wrote: Nightmare, mastermode 2 has everything you need to keep playing without interruptions. If a team has players with crappy connections (and wants to use them anyway), it can provide a sufficient number of replacement players. The server will activate the spares as needed. If you think, a "pause" button would end any problems, you are wrong. Why would five players have to wait, just because one has to answer his phone? Or where would you draw the line, what kind of interruptions would warrant a pause?

in case you're serious; it is rarely a "crappy connection" that causes people to disconnect. usually, real life matters need to be attended to, or they have computer problems, or something similar. there isn't always substitutes available. as such, it is much more practical to simply "pause" the game until that person resolves their issue. you're in the extreme minority of people that don't want a pause feature. literally every single other multiplayer game worthy of note has a pause feature of some kind for the exact purposes i just described.

i can't help but feel that you're incredibly distanced from the actual game of AC. you're not recognising the problems that we, the players, actually experience.

(19 Oct 14, 04:54PM)stef Wrote: Also: the fact, that there are no good sauer ctf maps, is very important. It is the true 3D map geometry and the lack of restrictions of sauer (compared to cube1) that kills the gameplay. Allow sauer-style mapping in AC and the game is done. If you don't believe me: play a few team-based games in sauer (preferrably ctf).
Technically, the newer engines are far superior. The resulting maps, however, are crap - gameplay-wise.

can someone please tell me how this is a coherent argument, or even addresses anything i said? i am way too tired to try to dissect the ridiculousness of it, when i would probably just be repeating myself.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations - by Undead - 19 Oct 14, 05:07PM