AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations
1. AC 1.3 or AC 2? , Which version of AC do you prefer to see on the next release?
AC 2

2. What new features would you like to be added on your chosen next release?
-Sauer engine under the hood: no map restrictions at all, better hardware acceleration.
-Good mod support: Let people make mutators, new weapon mods, game modes, even coop games.
-Official ladder
-Clan integration: register clan names and members.
-PM in MS and Buddy list: better communication all around.

3. According to the resources in hand (limited number of developers), how much time is enough to fulfill all those new features in the next release?
Port or redo the textures to fit sauer: porting is fast, redo or new textures much slower.
Port or redo maps: better to redo them. Prolly fast cause there's a lot of mappers willing to port at least one map.
Mod support: sauer already has this.
Gameplay mechanics: Kinda hard to get it to play exactly the same, tho minor differences wouldn't be insurmountable. Players who are good in AC should have that skill carry over to AC 2. Prolly doesn't take THAT much time, but it's a crucial segment, so a lot of testing is needed.
Out of gameplay mechanics: I don't care if my master server is on tabs or a list or if I have to click 10 menus to get to the options screen, as long as it works. Time needed depends on how complex it should be. (can start basic and add features over time)
Integration of PM over master server and buddy list: same as above.
Official ladder: Some players like competitive gameplay, so let them have it. Time needed: don't know.
Clan integration: Have registered clan and member names for security. Time needed: don't know.
PM over master server and buddy list: Beter communications, time needed: prolly less than features.

Note: I don't think that AC can survive on it's current engine. I don't know much about devs, but I've heard more about their behaviour than about their deving, and this is not a good thing in my book. I don't care if there are new devs or the same crew as before, as long as shit gets done.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations - by RKTnoob - 17 Oct 14, 06:05PM