Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
(17 Sep 12, 01:00PM)RAMPAGE Wrote: I can organize my clan to vote for map selection we think should be played and also name one representative for our clan, but I think it would be easier to name not more than 10 community representatives (that play both pubs and matches) to work on the clan matches map set and give them authority to decide for the community.

I think this could work. 10 players of the big clans should be picked like (only an example): Harrek, Benson, Vanquish, Undead, Rampage, fundog, Elite, Wolf and maybe 2 others like jamz and bouke.

The person in charge (V-Man?) tells each one of them to list up to 10 maps they'd like to see getting official. He collects and structures the feedback and keeps the most mentioned maps. This list will be pm'd to each trusted player and they vote which maps they want to have added (F1/F2). They pm their result back to the mod (each one of them, anonymous vote). There should be a certain percentage at which a map is getting into the package (like 7/10 votes). The results get publicly posted but in the end it's ofc the dev's decision if they actually make it or not.

This is by no means perfect and you might think some clans can't voice their opinion like that but the trusted players shouldn't speak for their own clan anyway. It should be a decision based on personal experience and feeling without any kind of pressure. Of course those "trusted payers" could secretly aggree on something etc. It would be up to them to make an honest decision for the development of the game.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: More official maps, or less official maps? - by Aight - 18 Sep 12, 12:45AM