The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases
I remember that in the past, lots of what was considered an authoritarian attitude by the devs (the crappy maps cleanse, the blacklist of the whole BS clan and the infamous dust2 map), had huge support from the so called "elite" of the game. That was so, for the sole fact that they did agree with the devs on those matters, even more than that, I remember fierce lobbies made be "elite" players at the time, even being these decisions viewed as extremely authoritarian by many other members of the community. So, apparently the " elite" does not have problems with authoritarian and centralized decision, when suits them well ;)

Anyways, history has proven that when it comes to the direction that the game will take, the dev team will hear the players out (1.1 was largely based on the "Ideas" thread), but ultimately, will decide what they consider better for AC. Seems like for 1.1 they are more concern in generating better gameplay for pub and new player (hence the new score system, new gun and the anti nade spam approach) than that of a more match oriented one, as the "elite" requests .

Also, imo, the animosity between the "elite" and the dev team has to do more with the removal of stef from the team and this new "pub gameplay" approach that the devs decided to take for AC than with the presence or attitudes of Brahma itself. Blame the new guy alone for all the problems in the community nowadays seems way to easy in my book, let alone a bit unfair. All the devs have admin here in the forum and all of them actively participate in the development and direction of the new version. I find it very hard to believe that flowtron, makke and drian would give that much power to Brahma, to let him decide all the changes in 1.1. Seems to me tipper, that you (and the ppl you talk on behalf, the "elite" players) are going only after the smaller fish of the group here. If there is such a big problem as of AC it is today, the whole dev team and not only one of them (the newer one) is to blame.

As for players leaving, well, Apollo and tipper already left once, we all got very sad about it for a while, but life went on, some new players came, new clans were born and people were still playing AC like nothing ever happened. That's the way it is, players will come and go, 1.1 is already full of new players.

To me, it doesn't sound like a smart move to think the future of this game only from the perspective of some 20 and change seasoned players. Especially when the whole issue seems to be a political dispute over power and not necessarily about ways to better the game itself.

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Dark_Alex101 - 30 Sep 10, 02:05AM
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by ElCrema - 04 Oct 10, 05:49PM