The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases
(03 Oct 10, 08:47PM)P@ndel Wrote: There must be a major incident to trigger such a massive *fall down*.
It's a long time cummulation of events. I have already enlisted a few of them.

(03 Oct 10, 08:47PM)P@ndel Wrote: Then how shall we try to understand who or what has caused these faults?
Sometimes it's just enough to accept that there is a certain status quo.
Otherwise no one is able to start with getting other it.

(03 Oct 10, 08:47PM)P@ndel Wrote: A lagging anti-cheat with overwhelmingly large number of false detections is not a solution, at least a playable one. Honestly, I prefer blacklists, which has worked alright so far on hi-skill servers. Once an effective anti-cheat will be released, i will be more than happy to have it.
Well, I can't confirm any lagging neither that there is a "overwhelmingly large number of false detections" (the thread here
shows only a few; the most posts are just discussions - mostly about the afk kick). Also it can't be that much in relation to the country-wide IP-range-bans we have had in the past. The latter is also the reason for many faulty bans of innocent gamers. It's also the only answer to dynamic IPs which make blacklisting less effective cause the blacklisted gamer used this technical fact of his connection to evade any banishment. Therefore it is doubtful that it "has worked alright so far". It's just a game of cat and mouse between the server host/admin and the bad guys.

Btw. I don't say that it the AntiCheat is working perfect now; i'm not that optimistic. It's - like everything - in a process of development, which will be (probably) never ends, as long new hacks are in developement also.

(03 Oct 10, 08:47PM)P@ndel Wrote: That is one of the sources that causes so many problems.. this game does not stand a chance to merge the community back the way it was.
The problem is more that pepole believe that they have a say in the development of the game. That never has been and never will be. You can do discussions all the day long - at the end it's the developer's game and they decide and make what they want. Maybe this isn't clarified to the community as it should be and a false impression has been generated over the time.

(03 Oct 10, 10:28PM)Brahma Wrote: @tipper
Btw, if you did not like me banning this guy, invite him to your clan.... him and his 20 accounts.
@Pandel
GTFO... i never saw you helping this game, or testing the trunk when we were trying to find the bugs.

(03 Oct 10, 10:39PM)P@ndel Wrote: Maybe, but at least i am not trying to ruin it.
P@ndel.

I don't think that such comments are helping us further. There is already enough fuel added to the fire and the firemen are already tired.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Dark_Alex101 - 30 Sep 10, 02:05AM
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Apollo{TyD} - 03 Oct 10, 10:55PM