<SOLVED?>Choppy Movement on Ubuntu 10.04LTS
Ok, after my system reinstall and messing around with AC some, here's my findings.
1) The description of libraries needed needs some work. The WIKI was about useless so I installed AC from the repos and of course it was crap. However, when I went to remove it, I got to see the proper names of the needed libraries: libopenal1 and libsdl-image1.2. If there are more needed, do tell.
2) I've tried playing with both Compiz and Metacity and neither one makes much difference(got the fusion icon).
3) I've tried resolutions 1080x768(native) and 800x600, but that didn't make much difference.
4) I've tried Graphic Details on both Medium and Low, but it doesn't make much difference.
5) I tried with VSync both on and off; on seems to work a little better than off.
6) My Framerate is anywhere between 35 and 75, quite good I think. Graphic Detail settings did affect this as well as inside/outside settings.
7) I use a Logitech Wireless Keyboard(EX110), but I have tested with PS/2 keyboard and no difference.
*Conclusion: While I'm not getting the stop and go movement problem that I was getting when I started this thread, it still seems to be somewhat of an issue. As before, mouse movement is pretty smooth all around, but the keyboard movement(forward, back, strafe) is still just a teeny bit choppy. I'm worried that eventually, for whatever unknown reasons, the original problem will be back....
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choppy Movement on Ubuntu 10.04LTS - by 0.zer0 - 20 Mar 11, 10:36PM