<SOLVED?>Choppy Movement on Ubuntu 10.04LTS
@All, Quite a few things have changed since I last replied. I have just reinstalled Ubuntu 10.04 so now I'm working on a clean slate and I haven't made any real modifications. I haven't even changed the wallpaper yet. I just now(a few minutes ago) got an update to the 2.6.32-30 kernel. I'm running the proprietary nVIDIA drivers for my card but I only have the Visual Effects set to "Normal". I haven't tried playing AC on this new install yet because I've just been getting a basic setup going, importing bookmarks, contacts, etc... I'll give it a spin soon and report back my findings.
@tempest, When I asked where to get some of the information, I was actually referring to Reagan's request as well as flowtron(header-lines of stdout.txt - the "* Driver:"-lines are of special interest). The first time I played AC, I was using Compiz and everything was smooth and fast.
@flowtron, Yes, I'm a GNOME type. I'll try to find out how to turn Compiz off without disabling my graphics driver just to check.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choppy Movement on Ubuntu 10.04LTS - by 0.zer0 - 18 Mar 11, 06:28PM