Question to NextGen Maps/Models
Hello Cubers,

im working on updating the game mostly Models/Maps, this leaves alot of important questions.
the game seem to be pretty much community made atleast what i could find out within the last days, i´ve checked who developed Cube Engine and the Cube 1 game and took a look at its code, i never played Assault Cube before but i became in love with the simplicity of it. I´ve also been looking for games which doing good in performance per watt. Right now i would like to know what PC-Hardware you´re playing the game on, this would allow me to know if i should spend more time into creating models with higher quality, or in general giving the game a newer look. It also could open up a new page on how Maps will be created in future, i pretty much googled last weeks to find anything close to what i´m doing or if that´s been done already. And it doesnt seem to be. Im creating on a Low End system myself (would have been High End at AC release) with an Intel Core i5-3360m, Intel HD 4000 graphics. I´ve already created a little "Test-Map" to check how the engine performing, maximum verticles which could be used at different frames per second steps 30,60,120,200 or above. The following picture shows the "Test-Map" with over 1.6 Million Verticles (placed alot of bench seats there around 100 with highest possible verticle count, Anti Aliasing x16, shadows active, insane graphic settings.
without Anti Aliasing or shadows it run with 100-200 FPS depending on view angle. Problem at all this...im unsure how it will work server/client, since Maps will require the specific Models (4k Textures can be done that way).

would be happy if you could tell me what you think about it and your specs
thanks
[Image: ijWRVuk.jpg]
Thanks given by: (aCKa)Deathstar

Messages In This Thread
Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 02:19AM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by Marti - 23 Nov 20, 02:13PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 05:03PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 05:38PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 08:31PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 26 Nov 20, 06:48PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 29 Nov 20, 07:28PM