Poll: Would tweaking weapon ranges and damage inflicted at given distances help improve or balance game play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no, it's fine as is.
71.43%
5 71.43%
yes, some weapons should have a max distance and not inflict any damage outside a given distance.
14.29%
1 14.29%
yes, the game should have bullet drop factored into each weapon to limit effective range
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weapon Ranges, spread distance, and damage by cube distances?
I can't seem to figure how exactly spread is calculated. What is considered long distance in terms of how many cubes for spread to take effect with say the carbine? I am interested in this info on every weapon for the purpose of designing maps with tactical points to benefit each weapon.

it seems that shot gun and grenades have more than one different range distance for how damage is affected. i'd love to know what each distances is. how much space (cubes or circumference) can a grenade deal over 100 points of damage in and what not?

with the shotgun is spread just a reduction in damage points or does that area being hit by damage (BB's) get larger as range decreases. Do any weapons have a max distances? if not it seems some should.

my two cents.

1. a use great tool in map editor would be to have a tool where you could stand at any point on the map and select the weapon and it would highlight the different distances that effect spread damage from that position so you can see the damage zones circling out and understand how many points of damage can be dealt from any position to another with any given weapon. Or put a grenade marker down at any point and see the varying damage rings lit up on the map so we can see how much damage would be inflicted where if a grenade went here...

2.putting bullet drop on some of the weapons over different ranges would make the game more interesting. don't know if its possible, just an idea.

Thanks for any help.

cheers
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Weapon Ranges, spread distance, and damage by cube distances? - by insideJOB - 27 Jan 16, 06:59AM