If you could nominate a player for the dev team, who would it be?
Well I am aware of the dev team. I was more or less referring to mappers messing with other people's work and not the dev team doing so.
I can tell a few stories on RK modding maps. The worse case being ac_wasteland. Yes, I'm aware the original version wasn't that great, but the version now isn't either in my opinion. There isn't much I could do about that, I fixed it up to what I liked and what I thought others would like. RK comes around and adds all these mapmodels and junk and puts in back in the package. I didn't have much say in that matter. A similar story can be told about ac_arctic too back in 0.93. Respect for mappers and their work has went downhill over the years and I would like to point the finger at a poor person being over such and representing mapping in the dev team. The idea at one point (and I still have some of the emails about it) is that there would be a mapping team instead of a mapping dev. I am still in favor of this idea. A group of 4-6 people who actually listen to the community and work together to make changes to maps and to add maps to the official package. Back when it was first talked about it would have been myself, makke, meatrome, randum, and floppy. Obviously a lot of those aren't here with us anymore, but I would like to think that this would be the better route instead of one or two people over it forcing their opinion on others. More people, more opinions, more likely to get it right. That is how I feel about it.
Thanks given by: ReDBuLL , sukablya , yopa

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could nominate a player for the dev team, who would it be? - by Pi_Halo - 07 Aug 15, 09:14PM