General remark about ACWCs (and other tourneys)
For the past few years we had troubles to get some teams playing their matches, which is really annoying as it makes it much harder to follow the tournament and it doesn't really encourage other events.

Several explanations are usually advanced as excuses by either the players or the organizers, which include "personal reasons", "lack of activity in AC", but the one and truth reason is just lack of commitment. 

If someone is too busy to find an hour or two to play the game, why is he registering to a tournament in the first place ? From the past ACWC it looks like the organizers favor quantity over quality, and thus accept teams which never proved their ability to play all their matches.

First, i would rather have a smaller amount of teams participating, if all of them could actually play their matches. Then they could play BO3 rather than BO1 (BO3 = max two hours in AC if you include 30 minute idle time in the case of full time halves (15 m), so come on its really doable, not to mention BO3 mean a lot more than BO1). If it requires a preliminary qualification process (which will naturally drop teams who can't advance because they lack organization) then go for it

Teams should provide their availability while registering or make themselves ready when require if the tournament have a specific schedule. If they can't do that, they should not be able to play. If a match date is decided and a team doesn't show up when it should have, then it should be disqualified. If a team proved during past tournaments that it was unable to follow these basic rules then other teams should be considered in priority over it if there is a selection process. This includes the teams that voluntarily mess with the organizers ruining everyone enjoyment.

Finally, i know organizing a tournament is difficult making it hard to deal with this aspect of things, so we've been studying automatized tournament organizations (tree generation and all that stuff), so the organizers can focus on the real stuff. If you want to discuss that, please PM me.
Thanks given by: yopa , Orynge , starix/A/

Messages In This Thread
General remark about ACWCs (and other tourneys) - by Luc@s - 05 Jul 15, 09:42AM