How would you like to see forum/IRC moderation change?
(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Sorry, but some of you guys are so far off from what is taking place in reality.

Please name me one case, maybe apart from sophisticated technology, in that excessive sets of rules have successfully made things clearer or more transparent to everyone involved.

the law. lol

(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: A place to talk and discuss shouldn't need more than let's say 5 rules everybody has to agree on.

as long as those rules are to the point, i don't see the issue. as it currently stands, the rules are incredibly vague and subjective, hence why we have subjective moderation.

(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: The rest should be what I call common sense really

common sense isn't so common, evidently.

(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Now some start to ask for the exact same thing to happen here and seem to even believe that this would guarantee no more injustice is going to take place. In reality this is only going to confuse a lot of people, leave moderators with less actual power to moderate and open up playground for the smart jerks that of course will expand any given rule to their own advantage, like they are already doing btw.

no.

(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Keep it simple, keep it clean

yes.

(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: and always judge difficult situations regarding it's impact on the game and its prosperity.

except that is a subjective opinion, which is why we need proper rules.

(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: See, there is no rule that is going to change someone who only shows up to cause havoc.

nobody is here purely to cause havoc, because people who only have that goal get banned rather quickly.

(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Its about maintaining the purpose and use of that forum.

we have different opinions on what the forum should be used for; it doesn't exist purely to be a part of development. hence why we have different sections on the forum in accordance to what needs to be discussed there.

(28 May 15, 09:52AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: This forum isn't facebook or some other chatterbox meeting room. It is a place with a defined purpose. Namely to talk about a video game and therefore of course it is to be expected that at least 95% of the ongoing discussion would revolve around exactly this and not that countless flamewars and nonsense at the off-topic section.

why do germans hate good banter? i don't get it.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you like to see forum/IRC moderation change? - by Undead - 28 May 15, 10:33AM