Sad to see the decline in the playerbase
To address your point mule. This is a comment mostly about 3v3 inters, but during these games I prefer to play defensively, ensuring that our team loses as few flags as possible. However, this extends to pubs as well. If I want to play defensively and make sure that the team loses as few flags as possible, I can. If this frustrates you because you wish to be able to storm into a base with no defenses and take the flag, that's no-one's fault but your own. Also bear in mind a crucial thing about the game when criticising these players who run around killing. Dead players cannot take flags. They are ensuring that their flag will not be taken. Just because you think it's DM, doesn't mean it is. The point of CTF is to defend your own flag, and to score. It's not just one of them. If a player has 0 flags, and is at the bottom of the scoreboard, and he defended for the entire game, the measure of his success isn't his flags scored, it is the amount of flags that the enemy scored. As such, they scored 0-2, he did a very good job.

If you think that this behaviour is frustrating, you've missed the point of CTF. It is to both defend and attack. Obviously if an entire team is just defending that is ridiculous (because they're only doing half of what's required, just like what you think should happen), but if a few players on a team are devoting time to killing you, and you get annoyed by it, instead of rage quitting, I would like to suggest that maybe you should try and kill them.

Sorry if this came of as assholey, I'm just really annoyed with people who whinge about getting outplayed, I'm pretty sick, and I just woke up.

-Padfoot
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad to see the decline in the playerbase - by Padfoot - 19 Jul 15, 03:38AM