Gamma issue.
My monitor is really dark, it's so dark the "lightscale 1" command isn't enough so I must adjust the gamma to "fix" this issue. As a few people stated in the past, AssaultCube has a sort of problem with the gamma since the 1.1 and nobody seems to know where this is from. Each few minutes, the screen as a sort of flash that resets the gamma to the initial value (100), but it only resets the visual aspect, not the gamma value.

It's kinda hard to explain to let's take an example:
-set the gamma to 200
-the game is way more enlightened
-check the gamma value with /gamma and it says 200
-a strange flash bug randomly appears
-the game is now dark (like the gamma 100 value)
-check the gamma value and it says 200
-write /gamma 200
-nothing happens it's still dark
-check the gamma value and it says 200

The only way to get rid of this bug is to set another gamma value, like 199 or 300 or whatever you want. Once the gamma value is different from the bugged one, you can set back the gamma 200 and it will work.

In the 1.1, I used to run a one-line script that mostly fixed this issue.

gammafix = [gamma 180, sleep 1000 [gamma 179]; sleep 1010 [gammafix]]
I have a constant 200 fps, no matter the official map I'm on so the 10ms delay had never been a problem.

I personally binded it on the "n" key and launched it each times the bug appeared in each maps, but I shared the script on this forum and people were launching it from the "addonloadalways", I never had bad feedbacks about the script, only positive ones, it was working for me and for everyone who experienced this bug.

Now that it's the 1.2, the bug is still here and the script does not work anymore, sometimes it does nothing and sometimes it writes "could not set gamma", I don't think the gamma and sleep commands changed between the 1.1 and 1.2 (that would be vicious). I manually tried to change the gamma when the bug occurs and the manual fix works (I set the gamma from the bugged 200 to 199, then I switch it back to 200).

I don't know why such a short script doesn't work, it looks like it's in conflict with other scripts that were implemented in the game for the 1.2 as a "resetbinds" is helpless, or maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure lines like "dyngamma = [0]" in my saved.cfg were not written by myself or by any script I wrote in-game and in the autoexec.cfg.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Gamma issue. - by ExodusS - 30 Dec 14, 02:26AM
RE: Gamma issue. - by ExodusS - 31 Dec 14, 07:11PM
RE: Gamma issue. - by +f0r3v3r+ - 31 Dec 14, 07:14PM
RE: Gamma issue. - by grenadier - 31 Dec 14, 08:11PM
RE: Gamma issue. - by ExodusS - 31 Dec 14, 09:17PM
RE: Gamma issue. - by grenadier - 31 Dec 14, 10:00PM
RE: Gamma issue. - by ExodusS - 01 Jan 15, 01:50AM
RE: Gamma issue. - by grenadier - 01 Jan 15, 12:28PM
RE: Gamma issue. - by ExodusS - 01 Jan 15, 05:52PM
RE: Gamma issue. - by MorganKell - 08 Jan 15, 03:22AM