AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations
(19 Oct 14, 02:46PM)Undead Wrote: you can change engines (using sauer, tesseract, source, doesn't matter) and still keep the core gameplay of AC, it just needs to be implemented correctly. the core gameplay of cube was kept when sauer was created out of cube.
You obviously never played cube. Also, I'd still like to hear an example of a good sauer ctf map.

(19 Oct 14, 02:46PM)Undead Wrote: believe it or not, there are things that can be taken from other games and applied to AC to make it better.
There already is an AC fork, that merges everything from everywhere (the resulting discocube very much illustrates my point). Too bad, it's run by a juvenile asshole, who prefers to violate copyrights, so that he can pass his fork as an original game... (however: OT here)

AC has always introduced new stuff - no matter, if it was original or "borrowed". It only matters, if it fits the game. And no, a "pause" button does not fit the game...

(19 Oct 14, 02:46PM)Undead Wrote: i dislike the idea of the developers being able to blacklist maps that they don't like.
Which is why it should be discussed. However: "no map moderation" brought us here...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations - by stef - 19 Oct 14, 03:47PM