About AC (game & community) development...
about you: first contact with ac, favourite game modes and maps, country, age, clan, other games
February 2008, 23 years old, TyD, no other FPS games. Favorite mode is TDM, favorite map ac_arabian.

do you mostly play public matches or do you prefer clan competition? are you a regular 1vs1 player?
Mostly public and mostly on servers where I can track my scores, but little nowadays. Clan competition can be fun if the opponents play fair.

do you care about your ratio or your flags-per-minute value? do you support team players even in just-for-fun games?
Don't care about the ratio or flags per minute. In game it is the team that counts the most for me. However I like to see progress from time to time in perionds when I play much.
community ties: where does AC community "happen" for you? only ingame, in the official forum, clan forums, IRC, mumble?
Right now it's a little of everything. But mostly in IRC or ingame.

is it easy for you to get help with problems with the game? where do you get help? which problems could not be solved?
I tend to fix my own problems. But have on several occasions checked the forum or asked on IRC if I've experienced problems.

what do you think about the AC community? how could the community be made better? what would you like to contribute?
I think of the community as inactive right now, people are bored mostly due to lack of development. The AC community must support the contributors to the game, and the communitiy could be made better if the AC dev team would chose an approach (or plan) on how to get the development going and focus on the stuff that made AC fun.
I can contribute code and in game servers.

what do you like about AC?
Servers and playing.
what do you hate about AC?
Trolls and drama that sucks the fun out of the game.

do you play on a laptop or a desktop? does it have a dedicated graphics card or do you use chipset graphics?what average fps do you play at, and what screen resolution do you use?

1366x768. 80-150 FPS. Dedicated grahpics card on laptop.

do you use features like "reduced violence mode" or degraded textures? do you use colored vests?
No, I see my opponents cleary as it is :)

do you play with headphones or with a surround system or do you use the builtin speakers of your laptop?
Headphones.

where should AC development be headed to? what should the next release bring?
Focus on the faced paced gameplay that made AC fun and challenging. Next release should bring back the 'feel' of 1.0.4.

would you like AC to concentrate on it's own classic gameplay or should it be molded to be more like another game (and what other game)? do you play other games of the cube family?

Yes.
No, I don't play other games of the cube family.
one feature AC should add:
Auto kicking of old clients ( or known cheat clients)
one feature AC should remove:
The jumping that I can't do, and ingame scripts that gives players advantage over others.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: About AC (game & community) development... - by pwnage{TyD} - 05 Jun 14, 04:48PM