Trusted Communities
For some of you, this might not be anything new. However, I would think most have never seen this before.

Trusted Communities

This article by Wouter (unfamiliar with the name? Look here under Special thanks) discusses the trust (cheating) problems with online multiplayer games, especially open source games like Cube and Cube2.

Most of these ideas will probably never see light in the AC world, however what he talked about with Decentralized trust is really interesting and I want to see how it works. The only thing I could think that would prevent it from working well is community structure. Most of the people you find in game are newbies who probably have next to no idea about what the trust system is. And then there is a small group or regularly occurring players, and then a smaller sub-group of people found on these forums and IRCs. The balance of newbies and people who would actually use this system is too heavily weighted towards newbies. Still, I'd be interested to see if something similar has found its home in a different game (or community).
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Trusted Communities - by Ronald_Reagan - 12 Nov 12, 03:23AM
RE: Trusted Communities - by DES|Anderson - 12 Nov 12, 08:51AM
RE: Trusted Communities - by Habluka - 12 Nov 12, 11:52AM
RE: Trusted Communities - by 1Cap - 12 Nov 12, 05:19PM
RE: Trusted Communities - by Ronald_Reagan - 12 Nov 12, 08:20PM
RE: Trusted Communities - by Alien - 12 Nov 12, 09:10PM
RE: Trusted Communities - by shad-99 - 17 Nov 12, 08:12AM
RE: Trusted Communities - by MorganKell - 12 Nov 12, 11:21PM
RE: Trusted Communities - by Edward - 14 Nov 12, 01:08AM
RE: Trusted Communities - by [SODA]___ME___ - 14 Nov 12, 04:40AM