Poll: What is your opinion about moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.
50.00%
23 50.00%
It's fine the way it is.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Mods are too harsh and shouldn't be so mean.
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clarification of rules and penalizations
I'd like to bring your attention to an issue that is slowly rising up to consume these forums: the (dis)respect of forum rules and the need to define how warning points should be handed out.

Every day i see users breaking forum rules under the eyes of moderators who don't seem to do anything about minor (although repetitive) offenses. But how can we classify these offense as "minor" if nothing is stated on the forum rule thread?
For reference: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1300.html

As i see it, all rules are presented as having the same level of "importance". They're all rules. There is no rule that ranks other rules (and, by association, the severeness of the punishment that comes with disrespecting them).

In my eyes, the Forum Rules thread should be reorganized stating which rules are essential. Also, info concerning warning points should be included, instead of it being a free-will business by the mods. For example, single offenders of rules 3 or 9 don't deserve warning points, while someone that expressively insults a certain race should receive some.

There was a mass response by the forum users against censorship in these forums last year. However, the current situation is the opposite. IMO a little more activity on those message-editing, thread-closing, point-distributing fingers would improve our community experience.

I'd love some feedback.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Clarification of rules and penalizations - by titiPT - 30 Jul 12, 11:32PM
RE: Clarification of rules and penalizations - by Harps - 04 Aug 12, 11:45AM