Basic Cubescript: Variables
(02 Dec 11, 02:33PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I couldn't find curname in the docs... but that is what I am looking for. Is there a list of all the game-defined aliases (that aren't in the docs?)
It's a default alias, but, sadly, there isn't a comprehensive list of those. I have custom docs for many of them sitting around somewhere (and apparently SVN is chock-full of new ones)...

Quote:Also, I thought sensitivity was just a function -- so I see it has a value as well? Well that is what I am looking for then :) (untested) Alright. So it's overloaded to take arguments as well as having a value itself.
Actually, most of the "settings" variables behave that way. With an argument, the game attempts to store that argument as its value if feasible. With no argument, the game defaults to echoing the current value.
This means you can probe them with the "value of" sign ($), while other commands don't allow this.

(03 Dec 11, 04:18AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Oh. :/
Well somehow the game does it. I mean what is currently being used to play the sounds slower and lower pitch?
It's hard-code sound stuff, which I have not read deeply. It has to do with the sound file's iostream slowing down, I'd imagine.

Quote:Also, I'm using SVN -- I realize that's causing some different views on some things, e.g. V-Man saying I need the execdir scripts when apparently SVN does it automatically:
Quote:// All .cfg files placed in this /scripts/ directory, will be automatically
// executed when you start AC.

I got some really cool scripts going well. I only realized that I'm using commands only available in the new version of AC :/ (Speaking of which, I never see anyone on SVN servers, ever :/ )
(huge smile)
Each new version of AC brings huge improvements to CubeScript's abilities. The SVN is a brilliant example of this.
Yes, I assumed you were using the latest release, not the subversion. PM me if you plan to set aside a significant amount of time idling in an SVN server. We can test stuff and 1v1. :D

Quote:V-Man if you're reading this thank you for the help regarding CS syntax :)
It's gone farther than you probably think ;)
Ah!
Appreciation is what I eat for dinner. What a feast! ^_^
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Cubescript: Variables - by V-Man - 28 Nov 11, 10:38AM
RE: Basic Cubescript: Variables - by V-Man - 28 Nov 11, 09:06PM
RE: Basic Cubescript: Variables - by V-Man - 29 Nov 11, 12:44AM
RE: Basic Cubescript: Variables - by V-Man - 29 Nov 11, 05:41AM
RE: Basic Cubescript: Variables - by V-Man - 30 Nov 11, 05:30PM
RE: Basic Cubescript: Variables - by V-Man - 01 Dec 11, 03:50AM
RE: Basic Cubescript: Variables - by tempest - 01 Dec 11, 03:17PM
RE: Basic Cubescript: Variables - by V-Man - 02 Dec 11, 12:55PM