I Need Beta Testers! (Mappers Preferred)
(05 Oct 11, 08:49AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Why would V-Man bother any further if his work is not to be allowed?
Nobody seems to be stopping me... /:D
But if you mean preventing any raw RGM maps from coming onto servers, I kind of like that idea. That would give people even more motivation to turn them into real maps.

Quote:What would ever prevent people releasing RGM material in blunt/raw version?
Whatever strange force it is that keeps people from releasing other crap maps (i.e., some people will probably try, but they will not gain respect in doing so, so it won't be prevented completely, but it will be limited).

Quote:Since it's going to be used anyway wouldn't it be better for me to add a RGM section on AKIMBO so that we can also monitor the evolution of the project?
If you really feel it'll get that big, that might make sense. But honestly I don't think that simply having a randomizer will prompt people to start spamming raw RGM maps wholesale, except 1) for trolling purposes or 2) out of a genuine inability to handle an unlimited number of potential maps. In either case, a cursory review of the raw RGM map will show what it is and give cause to remove it from Akimbo if you so desire.

If you can make one randomized map, you can make a hundred, or a thousand, or a hundred thousand; though, heaven forbid anyone should waste that much time, storage, and processing power. Better to work on one and make it better than the other ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine.

Hypothetical number fixed to please the hypothetical gods of mathematics
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Need Beta Testers! (Mappers Preferred) - by V-Man - 05 Oct 11, 02:54PM