Introduction // recent opinions...
(18 Jul 11, 08:33PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: I don’t know what your main effort was directed at Brahma so I’ll take your word for it.
It’s true that my main concern is about the discrete cheats such as assisted aim, reduced recoil, changes to hitbox, wall hacks and map overviews.
I appreciate your efforts to reduce the obvious cheats but that’s the problem Brahma, the players can discern the obvious cheats for themselves.
It’s the not so obvious cheats that are the problem; a problem which imo you had led this community to believe you could tackle.
Any fool can can rest a piece of wood on some bricks and call it a table Brahma.

I'm sorry, but I appreciate the fact that the server will now automatically kick players who are using long-distance gibs and speed hacks.
I don't want to have to spend every game spectating players who may be aimbotting, or using remote pickups, or speed hacking, or whatever. You can't possibly tell me that its not useful to have the server automatically kick these people.

Do you remember the last days of 1.04, tipper? Probably about half the servers I went onto had someone using a long distance gib hack. It made them unplayable. Even some well run and well maintained ones got like that. There simply aren't enough AC players to have admins on every server 24/7, so I am going to say thanks to Brahma for providing a system that will automatically deal with problems like this. Who cares if the morons get blacklisted or not? As long as they are not able to ruin pubs like this, I'm happy.

And I'm sorry, but you are wrong about the discrete hacks being the main problem with the community. Back in 1.04 I rage quit so many days when I simply couldn't find a server to play on that wasn't just one guys long distance gibbing everyone on the server. Yes, the discrete hackers damage the competitive edge of the game. Yes, they deserve to be blacklisted. But the situation we have now is better than it was, where people can download AC and actually play, rather than playing for 20 minutes, dying without every actually seeing anyone, and vowing to never play again because the game is full of nothing but hacks.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Introduction // recent opinions... - by Benson - 16 Jul 11, 02:39AM
RE: Introduction // recent opinions... - by Zarjio - 18 Jul 11, 09:31PM
RE: Introduction // recent opinions... - by beta_boy - 21 Jul 11, 05:54AM