Blacklisted for no reason [solved]
Hey guys,

Let me clarify this thread. First of all, my nickname in the game is GDP|Bobster and I'm representing the owner of the server (my friend, GDP|Juliao). Given that, I'm going to tell how all this happened.

My friends and I live in Brazil and we recently started to play assault cube. All the current servers on the global list present at least 200 ping for us brazilians. As a consequence, we decided to play in our own private games, so we could play with a ping below 100 (I am currently playing with 20 ping in the ufes.no-ip.org server). But to make our private games fun, we had to bring together like 6 friends and that would take some effort to synchronize ourselves.

Then, we came with the idea to put our server in the main list so brazilian players could enjoy playing with decent ping and, in addition, we could play with more than 4 or 6 people.

The server was doing really fine, but sometimes people with high ping would come and they usually teleport because of the lag and that was annoying. So, we decided to allow only brazilian people to the server, so everyone would be below 100 ping and make brazilians happy.

Now, I heard about people complaining in the assault cube forums about our server. We are really sorry if that's illegal or something like that. But all we wanted to do was improve our gaming environment. Me and my friends dislike playing on the usual public servers because of the lag and I guess most of the brazilians do too.

Hence, we are not xenophobic, we just want to have a decent ping. I think our policy will just increase the popularity of the game in our country. One of the reasons why people just let the game go is the absence of decent ping servers for us.

Thanks for the attention.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Blacklisted for no reason [solved] - by Snow - 11 Jul 10, 06:34AM
RE: Blacklisted for no reason - by #M|A#Wolf - 11 Jul 10, 06:55AM
RE: Blacklisted for no reason - by Snow - 11 Jul 10, 07:18AM
RE: Blacklisted for no reason - by ElCrema - 11 Jul 10, 07:48AM
RE: Blacklisted for no reason - by Snow - 11 Jul 10, 07:52AM
RE: Blacklisted for no reason - by ElCrema - 11 Jul 10, 07:54AM
RE: Blacklisted for no reason - by Snow - 11 Jul 10, 07:55AM
RE: Blacklisted for no reason [solved] - by GDP - 12 Jul 10, 10:15PM