Question to NextGen Maps/Models
Thanks for the advice,

sadly i´ve bad news. Ive changed some models so far but found out that it doesnt really makes sense to make mapmodels alone more realistic while the map itself contains old textures...it basicly doesnt fit together.
Now i dont know if im having false info or not knowing how its done but i cant get 4096x4096 textures working in the game besides models. I´ve tought about creating quad mesh models as walls but that would destroy the map making system of the game. I´ve also checked if gun models could be replaced with mesh texture and simple alphablend to gain better quality by not having to use alot mesh. It also seems like the game doesnt care much about verts instead the triangles of a model, converted triangle models to quad models and performs even worse. Overall everything i would do to make it look better would require better hardware, since atleast 1 part won´t go with it. Just models without wall textures doesnt fit, lowest possible mesh with alpha blend...wouldnt impact performance on viewangle but when beeing close to it.
Then i´ve found the project where one of the old cube developers worked with called "Tesseract" where they already did a great job on better graphics but with cube 2 engine moded (better hardware required).

With all that im unsure if we shouldnt let assault cube be as it is, trying to find a method for replacing to higher res textures first instead of models which later doesnt fit within the map environment. Cause only models looks like a new lamborghini on a junkyard. Also for map creation you pretty much need individual models for your needs and vision

Now the question is how we archive better or atleast cleaner graphic (texture) without touching the performance to much...or is there a way replacing editor textures with high res ones?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 02:19AM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by Marti - 23 Nov 20, 02:13PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 05:03PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 05:38PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 08:31PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 26 Nov 20, 06:48PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 29 Nov 20, 07:28PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 30 Nov 20, 05:21PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 02 Dec 20, 12:49PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 02 Dec 20, 08:22PM