Poll: merge?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
81.25%
52 81.25%
No
18.75%
12 18.75%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should lucas merge his client to the next version?
Lucas, I told you months ago that you can't publish sources of a wallhack - and why the feature doesn't help in the first place. I also told you then and again recently, that you simply need to publish the code - yes, preferably as branch on your github fork - once you cleaned out the wallhack. A discussion about the /merging/ of unseen code is ludicrous. If you can't handle the impact of publishing the code on your "options" (whatever that means), then that is your problem...

I do understand you keeping some stuff hidden during development, because you want to avoid discussing unfinished stuff. For similar reasons I have only parts of the new server code visible on github. However, you won't see me publishing binaries of the finished thing. We have a great platform to show and discuss source code and features. Of course, it would be nice, if the forum could also be used for civil discussions, but apparently, that's not gonna happen...

I can't imagine, that the wallhack is integral to any other features of your code, so removing it should not affect anything else. Remove it and publish the code. Discussing hidden code leads to nothing. Btw, I didn't say, you "can" put your code in a separate branch, as if I had to allow it. Putting stuff in branches is just how git (and github) works. Judging from your last public commit, you're still in your "getting used to git" phase.

Lucas, publish the sources or stop talking about your client. Since you posted it, we had nothing but useless discussions (or more correct: fights) about the secret sources and what your binaries may contain. It's ridiculous.

Regarding the wallhack: even boron (who also published a wallhack) admitted almost immediately, that it was a stupid idea - and he tried really hard to remove it from sf. I think, that should tell you something ;)

PS: Yes, I never asked to see the secret sources, and I never discussed the features with you. That's because a) I don't waste my time on secret sources and b) most of the features are mere window-dressing. There's no point in adding team sorting and nice little flags as long as there are severe bugs in the core of the game. You may have noticed, that I focus on engine repairs and cleanups and cleaning stuff from the core up. I only went with editor stuff and map features for a while, because mappers need to be able to start mapping for a new release /before/ it comes out - and because a lot of custom game media has to be cleaned up and adjusted for the next version as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should lucas merge his client to the next version? - by stef - 31 Jul 15, 11:17AM