AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations
First of all, Thanks to all the people who have participated the survey so far.

Second, I have to repeat it again that the main goal of is thread is only helping AC to better by running some kind of a brainstorm and all the ideas are respectable at their own place.
Ofcourse any discussion about any ideas mentioned above is surely acceptable, but it will lead to a useful result only by making a thread individually for them one by one.

Third, although I really try to avoid being offtopic here, but I have to clarify some points about some statements about this survey :

(19 Oct 14, 02:02PM)stef Wrote: Luc@s, you probably misunderstand the purpose of this thread ;)
It is to tell devs, how they have to spend their time...
Like I said, it's just a brainstorm process and there is no "have to". I really hoped one of the devs at least would participate it. We (the players and the developers) just try to know about eachother's opinions and expectations about the game to help the process of AC develop.

(19 Oct 14, 02:02PM)stef Wrote: Instead, completely irrelevant nonsense is discussed (version numbers)
It might seem as only a simple number to your eyes but, the "Version numbers" are surely one of the most important questions in this thread, why? Because it clarifies everything about the future and the "Long-term" and "short-term" strategy of AC developing.
It's really good to see two of the developers responding to this threat, but I'm wondering why none of them decided to answer to the questions of the survey, and instead they both leaded the thread to offtopic(intentionally or not)?. Is it something else but the fact that you have no exact answers, and there is "the lack of coherent schedule and strategy in the AC Developing Project"? Correct me if I'm wrong by referring to any link which shows any schedule and assigned the defined work to the members, and also the time estimations for any of the works and the whole project.

(19 Oct 14, 02:02PM)stef Wrote: btw (on the "1.3 vs. 2" topic): AC will move to the cube2-engine, as soon as the current engine stops working. Also: that will be the end of AC, because the cube2-engine will kill everything that is "AC". If you don't believe that: name /one/ good ctf map in sauer...
My friend, I might have the least knowledge about coding in the whole community, but I'm sure the process of moving to cube2 is not a "1day project". This is exactly what I'm talking about the lack of "long-term strategy" in the developing area.
"when does the current engine stop working?", by having a strategy, You ,as a developer, must have the idea about the exact time when the current engine stops working and you and your partners would start working on moving to cube2 years before the current engine dies, in order to finish your job on time.

(19 Oct 14, 02:02PM)stef Wrote: I think, it is quite interesting, how this thread manages to completely ignore actual current problems of AC.
(19 Oct 14, 02:02PM)Luc@s Wrote: Most ideas given here are good, but as far as i know, nobody is willing to spend so much time working on AC right now.
Let me open up the eyes of you and everyone here by showing this, I guess a picture talks more than thousands words:

[Image: 30839377744224978340.jpg]

The statistics don't lie. AC has lost about 90% of its downloaders over the past 4 years. Please clarify your program to save AC, because it seems none of the solutions would have sensibly worked at all during the last 4 yours.

Please don't take my words as a personal attack or something. I'm just caring about AC just like you and all the people who are leaving their comments here and there. The fact is that I don't own AC, nor you or any of the other individual players or the developers. Actually something that makes AC special is that anybody who is involved with AC(as a player, or mapper or modder, or a developer), they all have the feeling that they own this game. AC is obviously at a very complicated situation right now and surely it needs all of us to help. But if we all don't want to get untied to save AC, sadly I'd personally rather to see the whole game down just tomorrow, because watching it drowning deeper and deeper in its grave day by day is the bigger torture.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations - by SrPER$IAN - 20 Oct 14, 01:03AM