About AC development (part 2)...
  • Did AC lose some of it's speed due to those changes? should nade pickups be in pairs again, should nade carry capability be "2" again, should armour be single-strength again?
    - Yes, but it's not the sole factor. A byproduct is that duels take longer, and sometimes movement through the map just feels slower. I prefer nade pickups the way they are. Armour just confuses me. I pick it up because I die slower when I have it. My opponents also die slower when they have it.
  • Do you take the time after respawn to fill up nades and armour?
    - No, unless run-and-gun is failing repeatedly, then I take a little more time.
  • What do you think about the frag reduction of nade kills from "2" in 1.0 to "1" now?
    - I'm happy. It should be followed up with reduction of headshots to 1 frag.
  • Are helmets of any use or are they just pacman fodder?
    - I believe they have a place, but that place is not two helmets for every kevlar vest on a map. They could be used much more sparingly, sometimes in place of a vest.
  • What do you think about trickjumping?
    - Rifle jumping is fine. Whilst adding a second, faster and higher jump after initial jump 'cancellation' seemed to be a good idea in practice, it is also too easily abused. Anything that can be keybound to emulate skill, but easily lied about, is bad.
  • What's your favourite weapon? did you consider the nade to be a possible primary weapon in 1.0?
    - SMG for general play, sniper for when I'm feeling lucky or 'on fire'. No to the nade question.
  • Do you use cubescript to customise your client? do you write the scripts yourself, or do you get them from someone else?
    - I do use some scripts. Some I wrote myself and some are from others.
  • Should servers provide a diversity of maps and modes - or do you prefer single-mode servers?
    - Diversity is great, but that diversity should be true to the style of AC's out-of-the-box gameplay. Having single mode servers is fine as long as the option for something else still exists on the other servers. Having single map/mode servers that absorb 90% of the players online is bad. AC shouldn't necessarily cater to what is popular.
  • What do you think about gema servers and servers running camper 24/7?
    - They have no place on the AC master server.
  • Would you care, if servers could only be hosted on linux machines?
    - No, but a Win/Mac LAN-only bin should be considered if this happened.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
About AC development (part 2)... - by stef - 09 May 14, 05:34PM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by MPx - 10 May 14, 02:19AM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by XFA - 10 May 14, 05:19AM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by stef - 10 May 14, 09:42AM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by Jg99 - 11 May 14, 06:16AM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by jamz - 12 May 14, 07:56PM