About AC (game & community) development...
I'll Bite.

about you: first contact with ac, favourite game modes and maps, country, age, clan, other games

- I found AC around 5 years ago, perhaps a little more or less, a good timeline would be just around the time v1.0 came out. TDM, DM, and CTF are my favorite modes. ac_power, ac_keller, ac_mines, and pretty much anything made by Apollo are my favorite maps. The rest: Canada, 25, TyD
-Other Games (I'll only bother with multiplayer ones here): Sc2, Civ5, Hawken, Saur..

do you mostly play public matches or do you prefer clan competition? are you a regular 1vs1 player? do you care about your ratio or your flags-per-minute value? do you support team players even in just-for-fun games?

- When I play I mostly do pubs only now, but I do prefer clan and inter clan competition. There was a time I only did 1v1s but I haven't ventured into that scene for some years. I am very much a ratio whore and value that over all other stats. Flags are an objective, but not something I'm particularly focused on - usually just my normal play style supports others enough that flags offense and defense come naturally.

community ties: where does AC community "happen" for you? only in game, in the official forum, clan forums, IRC, mumble?
is it easy for you to get help with problems with the game? where do you get help? which problems could not be solved?

- For me historically IRC has been the place to go, but that seems to have shifted and most IRC channels are completely left idle.

what do you think about the AC community? how could the community be made better? what would you like to contribute?

- The community to me has always been great when it is active. AC was once a game which brought in so many different types of people that the spinoffs like maps, tournaments, and a strong community just came together without effort. With dwindling numbers you can see that these sorts of ventures are halting. The only thing which could make AC better at this point is a dramatic surge in new players or old player activity.

what do you like about AC?

- There is no nonsense like perks or customizations it is a simplistic load and play game. The pace of the game is also particularly attractive to me.

what do you hate about AC?

- The chat

do you play on a laptop or a desktop? does it have a dedicated graphics card or do you use chipset graphics? what average fps do you play at, and what screen resolution do you use? do you use features like "reduced violence mode" or degraded textures? do you use colored vests?

- Desktop, dedicated graphics card, 200+ fps capped at 200, 1680 x 1050, I keep those sorts of settings vanilla, full colored body suits.

do you play with headphones or with a surround system or do you use the builtin speakers of your laptop?

- Headset

where should AC development be headed to? what should the next release bring? would you like AC to concentrate on
it's own classic gameplay or should it be molded to be more like another game (and what other game)? do you play other games of the cube family?

- AC should polish what it has already established. I think the core gameplay is fine and with some tweaks here and there it could make for a much more fluid experience. I don't think AC should emulate any other types of games at all, but that's just personal taste.. if I wanted to play a modern style FPS game I wouldn't be playing AC. I've played a lot of Cube 2.

one feature AC should add: Master server wide ladders

one feature AC should remove: The chat (seriously)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: About AC (game & community) development... - by Woolly - 06 May 14, 01:57PM