About AC (game & community) development...
about you: first contact with ac, favourite game modes and maps, country, age, clan, other games
Wanted to get into gaming, googled "Free online fps games" and found AC. I usually like to play SURV, CTF ac_arid, ac_terros. I'm from 'Murica and am 17. I'm in =SA= and I play: UrT, each and every half life game, CS:S, Dark Messiah: Of Might and Magic, Hitman 2, Doom 3

do you mostly play public matches or do you prefer clan competition? are you a regular 1vs1 player? do you care about your ratio or your flags-per-minute value? do you support team players even in just-for-fun games?
I actually enjoy public ladder matches, as well as competitive. I do play 1v1 often. I am a ratiowhore (at least in public games) and try not to ratiowhore in competitive matches. I always ratiowhore when playing pubs, so no.

community ties: where does AC community "happen" for you? only ingame, in the official forum, clan forums, IRC, mumble?
IRC, in-game, then forums

is it easy for you to get help with problems with the game? where do you get help? which problems could not be solved?
Yes. Friends on IRC. I don't remember having any unsolved problems except the usual "Bukz is never around to help me with my script"

what do you think about the AC community? how could the community be made better? what would you like to contribute?
I've never seen any other gaming communities, so now sure how to compare. Though what Waffles said, integrating an IRC client in-game would be sweet :D

what do you like about AC?
The gameplay is great, it's very customizable, IT'S FUCKING OPEN SOURCE AND RUNS ON LINUX.

what do you hate about AC?
Mostly the voting system. With the number of intentional teamkillers on nowadays, especially since they all know that disconnecting and reconnecting will make them un-bannable, it would be great to have something that worked. Maybe even have servers auto-ban if someone keeps coming back after being kicked enough times...

Also, I hate that there isn't a global whitelist system. It seems to me it would be easier than having to distribute a whitelist file around to every server owner and etc.

do you play on a laptop or a desktop? does it have a dedicated graphics card or do you use chipset graphics? what average fps do you play at, and what screen resolution do you use? do you use features like "reduced violence mode" or degraded textures? do you use colored vests?
I unfortunately play on a 2006 laptop. It has a dedicated graphics card (nVidia GeForce Go 6800). I get an average of 250 FPS on 1920x1200. I use /texreduce -1. I also use Primevil's skins as well as I find it difficult to see the default skins in some maps such as ac_gothic.

do you play with headphones or with a surround system or do you use the builtin speakers of your laptop?
Now that I can afford it, I play with headphones. I used to play with a pair of earbuds though.

where should AC development be headed to? what should the next release bring? would you like AC to concentrate on it's own classic gameplay or should it be molded to be more like another game (and what other game)? do you play other games of the cube family?
Mostly just what Waffles said for this one. The next release should bring fixed weapon stats, such as boosting the AR to bring it on par with the SMG or sniper. I would like AC to concentrate on it's own classic gameplay. The gameplay is part of the reason I play the damn game, why would I want that significantly change? I used to play Sauer and Red Eclipse a bit.

one feature AC should add:
There's plenty of things that could be added to AC. Just to name a few though, a UI and maybe a backup masterserver?

one feature AC should remove:
Anticheat. I've never seen anticheat actually stop anybody from cheating, in fact it appears to be doing more harm than good.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: About AC (game & community) development... - by PhaNtom - 05 May 14, 11:48PM