The square, the score: how to live happy and lift up AC
(20 Mar 14, 08:47AM)jamz Wrote: Ranking individuals is not compatible with the team dynamics required for a fun game of AC.

This is a good point. I proposed in the past the idea of a ladder called "We win" who was rewarding teamplay (the thread has gone lost with the old forum). Tho I believe that the points in favor of a ladder are more then the ones against.
And - as suggested from Exodus - there could be a score system that could reward teamplay.

But once again, and once for all, I think that the participation, fondness, membership and identity factors (that are maybe just side effects of a ladder) at the end could be more interesting for the attachment to the game then the ranking factor.

I see the ladder as a square of the system, and I see it in a strategic way. As you I d not care much about my individual ranking: so do not think I am pushing toward a more competitive game. I think to the ladder as a stimulus to affection: it's simply strategic to the goal
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The square, the score: how to live happy and lift up AC - by ketar - 20 Mar 14, 12:16PM