Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
(14 Sep 12, 09:19PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: I vote for me, and I'll tell you why. There isn't anything wrong with the maps we have now nor the ones being added in the svn. There is a certain amount of talk about biased maps, but really, none are that biased if you practice them enough.

This absolutely false. Take outpost as RVSF: we can win it against absolutely any team as RVSF. Our opponents have played it practically as much as us but simply can't beat us. If we have CLA it's quite the opposite -- we mostly lose.

(14 Sep 12, 09:19PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: Also certain maps play better on the pubs then in matches, and you shouldn't discredit a map for being good in one but not the other.

The maps I suggested are all either no fun (on pubs or cms) or aren't played much anyway. There's no point in maps for the sake of variety if their gameplay (which is what this is ultimately about) is bad.

Your arguments seem to boil down to adding maps is only a plus but it's not true. Official maps get much more play time, can be played in clan matches and also the counter argument that it's very easy for server owners to provide any excluded maps on their servers anyway.

If we're going to have lots of default maps, let's separate them into official and extra maps where only official maps may be played in match mode. This is if you like a compromise, but the fact is the maps that are bad for competitive play are for the most part not fun in pubs either.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: More official maps, or less official maps? - by Roflcopter - 14 Sep 12, 09:50PM