Poll: What is your opinion about moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.
50.00%
23 50.00%
It's fine the way it is.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Mods are too harsh and shouldn't be so mean.
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clarification of rules and penalizations
@Anderson: As I see it, breaking a rule doesn't always mean a warning has to be given. If I saw a newcomer posting in a thread something unrelated about a personal issue, at most what I would do is tell the person that what he is doing is wrong and if necessary move his post to a a new thread for him to solve his problem. Only reason I would actually warn someone for doing this would be if after telling them it was wrong, they persisted or if I had seen them doing it already in other threads, things which don't apply to 1Cap (and also besides the point you made that things are already hot).

In my opinion, warning every little possible thing from users is counterproductive. The forums are supposed to be a place where people can discuss things and sometimes have a laugh here and there, so if the mods just start handing out warnings for every single thing what will be the point of players to come to the forums? People would then think more of how to avoid getting warned than think of what they will actually post. It might seem like the perfect world where no one steps out of the line and everyone is respectful but you can't have that kind of world in a game forum, specially because of all the cultures and age differences among the community.

I believe mods should be harsh enough with warnings but not excessively, otherwise it will just give everyone the feeling of being in Soviet Russia during WW2.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarification of rules and penalizations - by #M|A#Wolf - 02 Aug 12, 10:38AM
RE: Clarification of rules and penalizations - by Harps - 04 Aug 12, 11:45AM