Enough is enough.
(29 Jul 17, 11:40AM)Marti Wrote: AC perfect in 1.04 hahahaha

The way you are phrasing it makes it sound like current ac requires more skill, as nades don't gib you from across the map, and headshots are harder. Are you sure you aren't a bit salty that you're not as good as you used to?

Yes, I'm not as good as I once was this is true. I used to be a dominate force in CS 1.0 (with a cheap mech mouse on a gov pc) too, but not so great anymore. I'm just getting old, out of practice, take your pick. My opinion is simply that the code is being re-written to pander to new players. That would be a good thing if the focus was less on "making things even & fair" and geared more directly towards removing bugs, making graphical improvements, and server monitoring attributes. It's always about "weapons balance". Honestly it doesn't matter what's op in my opinion, because that's what made the game fun. I was a huge shotgunner when it was considerably harder to play with a shotgun. Now it's "more balanced" and less of a novelty or skill and more of a handicap. Grenades aren't easy, and they never were. That's what made them more fun to use before, knowing they would count for 2 points per kill. Just saying, I think that the recent development has focused on the wrong things. But I'm not a dev. I could contribute more, but many things I suggest are simply rebuked for personal differences and/or never seriously considered.
I do know this... In a time when retro-gaming is more common than ever, AC continues to slip into obscurity, so something isn't right. Maybe it's time to look at our game with a fresh set of eyes. And taking a big step back may be the only way to do that.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Enough is enough. - by vector - 09 Apr 17, 12:17AM
RE: Enough is enough. - by 1Cap - 09 Apr 17, 05:25AM
RE: Enough is enough. - by Boomhauer - 09 Apr 17, 11:52PM
RE: Enough is enough. - by Marti - 10 Apr 17, 08:03AM
RE: Enough is enough. - by vector - 10 Apr 17, 11:24PM
RE: Enough is enough. - by vector - 14 Apr 17, 12:20AM
RE: Enough is enough. - by vector - 14 Apr 17, 11:27PM
RE: Enough is enough. - by VectorM12 - 30 Jun 17, 10:28PM
RE: Enough is enough. - by Boomhauer - 29 Jul 17, 03:52AM
RE: Enough is enough. - by Marti - 29 Jul 17, 11:40AM