New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers
(20 Dec 14, 11:30AM)Luc@s Wrote: - It is running on a dedicated server

like every other match server in existence?
[EDIT: still half asleep sry, I thought you simply meant home hosted or sth. see my comment below]

(20 Dec 14, 11:30AM)Luc@s Wrote: - The CPU is a 4 core Intel Xeon E31220 @ 3.10GHz

Mine's using an Intel Xeon E5 @ 3.50 GHz. :-)

(20 Dec 14, 11:30AM)Luc@s Wrote: - Ping from the US east cost can be lower then 100 ms

I used to get 70 to the old new york bob servers in 1.1, I don't think it's a great achievement, more to do with the server's location and the player's own connection. I've seen french people get 60ms and above to aura, and I've never once seen any east coast american player get 100ms or below to aura (xemi + waffles get about 125ms, the same as they do to se-rc which is further away). Also Sveark, for example, is getting 128ms to se-rc from (literally) the other side of the world. I don't doubt that it's possible for someone to get 100ms to aura from the usa tho.
EDIT: I would also argue that ping is somewhat redundant in this case. I get 14ms to aura and 30ish to se-rc/se-aox and I prefer the two swedish servers by a ridiculous margin. I get about 80 to xrd and 140 to gibbed.me, and I prefer gibbed.me. I don't feel like the main factor behind choosing a server should be a 20ms difference in latency, when hit registration is a far bigger plague to competitive games.

(20 Dec 14, 11:30AM)Luc@s Wrote: - The guaranteed bandwidth is 100 mb, more than enough for a few AC servers (the true limit is the network and the connection to other isps...)

Mine's running on 10Gbps, with 1Gbps bandwidth guaranteed. :-)

I agree with you about the "true network limit".

(20 Dec 14, 11:30AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: As such, I would expect Stockholm might be good for eastern europe - assuming you were only playing other european opponents. So, on this, it's a good addition to the pool of servers to help our eastern europe comrades :)

Thanks for your comments and speedtests, found it really interesting to read :)
That was the main motivation behind choosing Stockholm as a location, specifically to cater for players within the Northern and eastern european regions, although I'm getting about 30ms from the UK too which I deem perfectly playable. If people would rather play on servers in their own country then I'm not gonna force them to do the opposite, merely providing an alternative if people want it. :P
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers - by Vanquish - 20 Dec 14, 11:47AM