Is this forum's moderation failing?
I can only speak for myself, I usually don't close threads, unless is shit like this: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1020.html (We don't need a spamming lesson, people are proving to be already very good at that ;)

If I see something that I do not agree with (like the post I quoted here) I would edit it (without modifying) and warn the user. That's imo works better towards educating pepople.
Now, notice that used "imo"and that's seems to be the problem here: Currently we have no rules and each mod is going by its own mind, and sometimes, we are making mistakes and taking public forum issues to a personal level.
The only solution to that, as pointed out in here already, is that we discuss and post detailed rules for both regular users and mods, that way a lot of problems and resentments would be avoided and those who are abusing this tool would receive the proper punishment and everyone would know right away the reason why.

Now I find it funny how some here are saying that no clan member should be a mod, I'm sure if that was case, they would be the first ones to shout the totalitarianism of the devs ;)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this forum's moderation failing? - by ElCrema - 28 Sep 10, 12:40AM