Is this forum's moderation failing?
(27 Sep 10, 01:06PM)TheCrema Wrote:
(24 Sep 10, 01:53AM)MusicMan10 Wrote:
(24 Sep 10, 01:46AM)FlameZ Wrote: I also wanna thank Drakas for hi-skills because that really boosted AC.

[img][/img]

Mod Edited: Is it really necessary to be disrespectful and try to start a flame every time someone mention Drakas? Now, please, take your hate and personal problems with him elsewhere.

+ warning
Sorry to be quoting a lot of text here. This is an example of what we don't accept.
We as a moderator group should try to be more comprehensive when we see insults or discriminating posts towards long time community members and contributors. A couple of days ago there was a question about forum rules under general discussions. A proper rule set existed on the old forums, it was written by Nighthawk. But since the old forum is gone, (due to various reasons) we don't have a thread for rules.

Recently the moderators have discussed the importance of such a rule set, also in combination with the warning system. The warning system is already in place, however even though there are guidelines of different warning levels I think it is still a bit opinion based. With a proper rule set, I think we can point more directly, when a certain line is crossed.

(27 Sep 10, 04:40PM)Drakas Wrote: (2): Have a look at this, for example: see here
DES|OpenSource Wrote:pwnage{TyD} can open this again if he likes to reply here.
If not, look/ask on {TyD} forum/irc.
Do you see the point I am making?
I didn't know about this thread as I don't usually read everything posted in the Offtopic boards. If it had been posted somewhere else, I had probably seen it better. But as OpenSource suggested, this was directed to TyD, and could just as well have been written on our forums, as it did the same day.

(27 Sep 10, 04:40PM)Drakas Wrote: (1): Xu thread - a {TyD} incident was under discussion there. The blacklist entries there were removed as well. The whole issue was silently taken to the {TyD} forum. How nice.
The blacklist entries where removed as well. But not by me, not by any other TyD either. For my sake they could have been there, though it wouldn't solve anything.

Quote:<jamz> MM10 blacklisted NEF for hacking the xU forum
<jamz> Francois blacklisted all of KH for being racist
<jamz> MM10 blacklisted Francois (as Brett) for clantag abuse/impersonation
<jamz> I only deleted MM10's because it was obviously a flamewar

The whole issue was silently taken at the TyD forums, and Draul from the Xu| clan given access to see, post and read it. Last time it was a similar incident like this, I remember a 2 day ongoing flamewar. It didn't solve anything rather than causing two major contributors to leave, walls of text and discrupt in the community.
This time we where able to have a discussion without 3rd parties involvement, disrupt and accusations.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this forum's moderation failing? - by pwnage{TyD} - 27 Sep 10, 11:01PM