[Download] Custom AC Blue Mixer Skins
(02 Mar 21, 08:52PM)3XIX Wrote: Hey Lowendguy,

What would you like to know from the model creators, i might be able to give you answers.
Is it about the texture stretching? That´s due the model been created "low skill", in other words its not made with quad mesh which you would need to apply quad textures like 256x256 and higher. You could rework the gun models within free programs like Blender, gun model painting or fixing area part slots. The work it requires isn´t worth it, creating new guns with fitting slots would be alot better, also for graphiccards. Since a texture of for example 1000x560 will be processed slower to one beeing 1024x512. Another big issue is the engine not making use of AO, Normal or others. With that the lighting of coloring is pretty limited and skin creation besides simple camouflage will become pain. You won´t become roughness or metallic touch if the detail is missing within the texture, means the more photorealistic your texture become the more detail you will gain in colors and metallic effects. You wont be able to use simple coloring, it needs to be cut from a high resolution picture of a gun for this game engine.

If you have a gun model with an existing detailed gun texture and you wanna customize it with your personal camouflage or texture in specific areas of the gun you could do it with another free program like GIMP by layering the camouflage on top of the gun texture (adding alpha channel to both textures and using eraser for the areas you want to paint with your texture at a custom oppacity, and merging the layers later on)
Thanks for the 3d modeling tips, but I don't really plan to go too deep into creating textures and refining models. When making these skin sets I knew that making them didn't take much work, as all you basically do is photoshop a jpg on the existing skin image and call it a day. I just wanted some skins that looked flashy on my client side instead of looking at the original skins all the time. However, I will take a look at the 3d modeling software you suggested to me however, and see what it's all about.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Download] Custom AC Blue Mixer Skins - by lowendguy - 03 Mar 21, 04:44PM