Windows 7/Vista
(13 Feb 16, 12:51AM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(12 Feb 16, 06:09PM)vector Wrote: ...I wonder really if Microsoft could ever realise there is a market for people who want to choose their own build....

Yeah I've been thinking the same about Android infected with all the proprietary locked boot-loaders and pre-installed Google bloat-ware. I hate Google like SOOOO much. Fuck Verizon, AT&T, AND GOOGLE. I spend so much time unlocking boot-loaders and wiping/customizing what should be a perfectly good $700 phone. Makes me sick people pay so much for something and providers tell them how they have to use it. Like selling someone a skateboard and telling them "no ollies!" Simply ludicrous. My warranty, if I want to say fuck the warranty, I should be able to do that!

Oh? I can't make Hangouts have a black background and something other than baby-shit green for the border?
I can't delete the "NFL Mobile" app because you say it belongs on my phone, even though I would rather do a handstand and shit than watch an American Football game?
I can't have root access to my phone to delete what I want and change what I want?
Oh, yeah sure I want Google to automatically upload every picture I ever had on my phone onto a cloud server online. Yeah, don't worry about those sexy pics of my gf, I don't care if you wank to those Mr. Google, that's cool.
Hey, while you're at it, make every app able to access all my contacts, media, and personal identification info that I work so hard to protect with passwords... because screw it! I trust you and EVERY SINGLE ONE of your 20,000 employees with my privacy and security!
What's next? You gonna buy Youtube and change everything to connect to my Google accounts because you have a monopoly on everything virtual?
Oh yeah, YOU DID THAT TOO.

*off topic rant, soz
Well, this is the offtopic forum, so whatever.

I generally use Ubuntu with GNOME instead of Unity as my main Linux distro. I have built on DSL (Damn Small Linux) before, but couldn't quite get what i wanted out of it. ClassicShell is still too square, I like the soft edges that Vista brought, and then 7 refined. Vista was like XP and 7 had a malformed, half-retarded child and dropped it on its head about 20 times. I don't use Google Play stuff unless its required by an app. I use BlackMart. Most non-google apps don't care. Google Play Services really bogs down my phone, even when using Cyanogenmod or AOSP stuff like SlimBean, SlimKat, or CarbonROM, so I started cooking my own. It hasn't taken off yet, but I'm hoping it does. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze with NOOBRom 4.4.4, based off of AOSP+Cyanogenmod with a stock clock of 1.9GHz instead of 1.5. All of the Cyanogen features you want, without the ones you don't need. It comes with ES File Explorer, Link2SD, and Kernel Tuner as well as a CM theme right off the bat. All of the Google bullshit you can find in PA GApps.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Windows 7/Vista - by ZS/Horse - 12 Feb 16, 12:01AM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by +f0r3v3r+ - 12 Feb 16, 12:33AM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by ZS/Horse - 12 Feb 16, 01:05AM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by +f0r3v3r+ - 12 Feb 16, 01:46AM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by vector - 12 Feb 16, 06:49AM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by Boomhauer - 12 Feb 16, 12:18PM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by vector - 12 Feb 16, 06:09PM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by Boomhauer - 13 Feb 16, 12:51AM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by ZS/Horse - 13 Feb 16, 01:08AM
RE: Windows 7/Vista - by vector - 13 Feb 16, 02:24AM