Last-minute wishes for the next map format
OK, I've got little time so here's a rather quick response. Hope it will be of help. :)

I only would need that timestamp to find a particular mapversion through the mapping process. Maybe xmaps will make things easier, but I still haven't tested this feature... Sorry.

The wave hight parameter surely makes sense to be configurable by mappers. However, it obviously would take a little more time to cover all possible settings appropriately. Is anyone (RTKnoob?) up to compile a list of settings he likes to configure as a mapper and put them up for discussion. That would speed up the process and we wouldn't have to take care of stuff nobody ever was interested in anyway.

...and yes, it would be useful to disable such setting changes, if it is decided to add this feature.

I can't find that mod anymore, maybe someone else could at least remember the guys name who put it online.

However, the shadow entity could be working exactly like a light entity, expect it does subtract instead of add to the light value. Of course zero will be the lowest value and leave the particular scene unlit = black. It should also subtract ambient lights (in fact ambient lighting would be way more useful than it is now!) and it should not reach through walls, at least as long as we stick to a cylinder shaped shadow-impact-zone.

Remains the question how to deal with models and their shadows I guess...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last-minute wishes for the next map format - by Mr.Floppy - 08 May 15, 01:28PM