New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers
@my previous point: the hitdrop occurs in the middle of the rest of the bullets, which all connect as hits perfectly. It's something I've seen many times on many other servers.

(20 Dec 14, 04:26PM)Luc@s Wrote: I don't really care about what other people think. I want facts. Simple as that.

As I said, I can't prove it so trying to do so would be useless on my end [EDIT: read sveark's posts, he may be on to something though]. If we do assume now that anticheat does in fact drop no hits and the whole thing is purely a placebo, then refer back to my previous post about placebos and how they affect your performance when you play games. I could list more examples (maxfps, sensitivityscale, smoothmove, smoothdist, crosshair, crosshair colour, playermodel colour, hitsound, resolution, aspect ratio, etc) where somebody may feel like one setting is perfect and helps them to uhm let's say kill people better, when in reality it's just a placebo and they find it easier to adjust their playstyle to certain settings.
The only difference between all of the aforementioned variables and the hit registration you get on certain servers is that you are in control of the former and not the latter. As I said, let's assume anticheat is a placebo: if myself and many others believe that they hit better on servers that do not have anticheat enabled, that will affect their performance in game. At a high level in any game (yes even AC), placebos and mindsets when you play are incredibly important. I can tell you this as someone who used to rage a lot when playing ingame (I'm human, I still think I rage sometimes although much less than for example, six months to a year ago, and I can clearly tell the difference in my performance between when I'm focused and when I'm not).

I've known people who play with no hitsound simply because they feel like they're having to adjust their aim according to how many hitsounds they're hearing when they fire over a playermodel and would rather just focus their crosshair on to an enemy without having the auditory distraction. This is similar to the way some people feel like they hit better with /hitsound 1 and others with /hitsound 2 - some people (most that i've asked) feel like they hit better on servers with no anticheat.

You said you don't care about what other people think and that's great, but when people are playing a game what's going through their head is very important. If they're focused on what they believe to be bad hitreg (or any external factor that they're not able to control, but in this case we're explicitly talking about hitreg) they will be playing worse since they're not focusing on the game itself and playing the game as well as they can in each situation. That leads back to my point about wanting to create servers that provide a good quality environment in which people can play games. I literally couldn't give a rat's arse about statistics, if people like the servers and agree that the hitreg is good then that's all I ever intended to accomplish by setting them up.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers - by Vanquish - 20 Dec 14, 04:49PM