New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers

You are making things unreasonably complex. The methodology I used consists in counting shots that are ignored by the server. As you might know, there are 2 places in the source code that may cause hit drops in theory:
1) serverevents.h, 40-th line:
1.2.0.2 source code Wrote:   if(!gs.isalive(gamemillis) ||
      e.gun<GUN_KNIFE || e.gun>=NUMGUNS ||
      wait<gs.gunwait[e.gun] ||
      gs.mag[e.gun]<=0)
       return;
2) serverevents.h, 175-th line:
1.2.0.2 source code Wrote:if(e.shot.millis<c->lastevent) { clearevent©; continue; }

One shot carries maximum of one hit (except for the shotgun), so dropping whole shot causes dropping potential hit. In my tests, I only counted the shots dropped by the first block of code. Also, I have to say I had a 6-th test machine where I had zero possible unhits. The quality of that VDS' connection was explicit shit with ping getting higher and lower in a very short period of time as well as with some packet drops on a 2-3 Mbit/s uplink load. However, on that server, I had the lowest (throughout the test) ping of 50 msecs. I don't think the ACAC is capable of affecting one's hit statistics, but I think that a relatively high ping and going beyond the gunwait deadline may somehow correlate.

The test clearly showed unhit existance, mainly for mid-ping (100 msecs) cases. Having this in mind, I come to believe Larry's hitfix patch is still viable, even for the 1.2.0.2 version.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers - by Sveark - 20 Dec 14, 01:37PM