New map ac_polar by DogDancing
I'm always stunned when it takes only some brief looks left and right to recognize who's the creator of the map. You've developed your very unique style, which means quite a lot considering the rather limited possibilities at AC-mapping.

The map flows really nicely and the trick jump parts even speed things up as one is encouraged to edge-jump/crouch-jump all throughout the map. I like how the lighting and ground details are going hand in hand with the ceiling architecture.

There's quite a lot of detailing going on and at first I even thought it was too much already. At second sight I'd say the amount of details is just perfect, but the sharp cuts from one floor/wall/ceiling texture to another might cause this irritation. It's like any 10 millisecs the floor will change form snow, to wood, to tiles, to concrete, to other tiles, to grass ...and so on.
However, I didn't like this on ac_scaffold too much at first and eventually got used to it. After all, I guess that's part of your style and this kind of stuff really isn't going to be recognized much while actually playing a map.

You're focusing quite strictly on layout and gameplay, which of course isn't any bad and the reason your maps, like scaffold and shine are just great fun to play. Though, this map again makes me wonder where am I? What is this place? I don't really get an idea what this building is supposed to be, since its overall structure is pretty abstract. This is always giving me a hard time immersing into a map and leaves some faint taste of randomness. I'm not saying any single room needs some particular usage or purpose, but even you're introduction lacks that very hint what this place is about. Well, maybe I'm just a little too anal about matters of "realism". :P

So far I only tested it with bots on TDM, but yet it was great fun already! Pickup placement and balancing seemed all right from a pub-player's point of view. Hope to get a game with human players soon!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by DogDancing - 18 Feb 13, 08:02AM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by Orynge - 18 Feb 13, 09:11AM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by 1Cap - 18 Feb 13, 09:15AM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by Xenon - 18 Feb 13, 10:49AM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by Xenon - 18 Feb 13, 02:17PM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by Sarin - 18 Feb 13, 02:53PM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by Oracle - 18 Feb 13, 03:20PM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by 1Cap - 18 Feb 13, 05:24PM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by Z3R0 - 18 Feb 13, 10:18PM
RE: New map ac_polar by DogDancing - by Mr.Floppy - 19 Feb 13, 07:51PM