Poll: Should we bring back all the maps now not allowed or not?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, bring ALL the maps back!!
40.00%
20 40.00%
No, I like being told what I am supposed to like & not like. I'm a sheep!
36.00%
18 36.00%
Only certain maps should be brought back.
16.00%
8 16.00%
Only bring back Headshotcity.
8.00%
4 8.00%
Only bring back the Zombie map.
0%
0 0%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Headshot City/Headshotcity/...
I'm looking for a couple of specific maps. Previous to the last several weeks, I haven't played AC in a while. I came back to play one day & the version of AC that I was familiar with was out of date & I needed to dl & install a new one, which was a pain but, there were some issues that certainly needed to be addressed & such, so it wasn't a big deal, unless those things would prove to be ignored.

Well, for the most part it seems that they have gone ignored! But, one of the unforeseen aspects that is now a reality is the absence of specific maps that were played with regular consistency before. I may not remember the exact names given to them but, I will describe them to the best of my ability.

1. "Headshotcity": Without a doubt the biggest map, with the largest playing area, that I have ever played on! You can literally take 30 or 40 AC players and stick them into this one map without feeling to cramped or that the landscape was overcrowded with idiots. (Let's face it, everyone is an idiot when they are in front of you and they won't move!) A few times while pulling up the server list I would find a map on there with the words "The Twin Towers". Well, that didn't make any sense but, at the time, having seen those words/that name before, I knew that clicking it would bring me into the Headshotcity map. I figured it was just mislabeled by whoever was running it at that moment in time. This particular map has at least 5 large, skyscraper size, building's. It is basically a perfect map and while there are some variations of it, in terms of the color of the walls, the building's, & the exact lay out, it is always distinguishable since there was no map larger, or better, than it.

2. "Zombie ...": A rather depressing looking map. In the center there's a building, sort of a large house with lots of rooms. The landscape surrounding the building is quite a large land area; dark and opaque in every direction, a well positioned sniper-troll could splatter you almost as fast as you spawned the moment that you entered the game. (I hate it when ppl that don't know how to honestly play the game take to camping on top of a spawning spot for the opposing team. This cranks up their frags and they probably feel good about themselves & yet actually playing the game, honestly, amongst talented players is something that they would never do! Those campers are ALWAYS a drawback, no matter what map you are playing on but you can find them on virtually any map and I encountered them rarely on this one, probably bc most campers are/were to intimidated by the landscape.) There is an intense howling wind throughout the entire landscape around the building that gives you a decent feeling of "I'd rather not be out here!" In many versions of the game there would be armor & health packs distributed evenly amongst the area surrounding the building and while I remember some users saying that you could get into the building climbing thru a window here & a window there, which was true, most players would just use the ladder to the balcony, connected to the adjacent bedroom, to get inside.

Just bc I haven't seen them in the game, after what was presumably this most recent AC upgrade, doesn't mean that they aren't allowed. But, having seen some post's here & there about how certain maps got canceled I must say that it seems apparent that those maps, the one's that did get canceled, are now no longer allowed bc some users didn't like a playing field where they didn't fair so well. Well, cry me a river, build me a bridge & get the "F" over it!! Don't play on those maps if you don't like them, it's as simple as that!

At the very least let the individual users who want to the ability to play the game in single player do so, with those other maps! And, granted, if there is some sort of a copyright on them & the user(s) that created those maps don't want to just let any user/player of the game to have them, then do keep in mind that while we would hardly be making any money off of your creation, if you really want I'll donate my time to something! Such as, after you partner with Facebook, I'll spend a portion of my day "liking" the insidious Farmville...

So, how about it!?! Let's bring back all the maps, hmm!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Morpheus - 19 Jun 11, 06:16AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Lantry - 19 Jun 11, 06:35AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Lantry - 20 Jun 11, 07:16AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by VenteX - 19 Jun 11, 04:39PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Bukz - 20 Jun 11, 06:24AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Zarjio - 20 Jun 11, 03:55PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by VenteX - 20 Jun 11, 01:51PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by titiPT - 20 Jun 11, 02:22PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by |HP| - 20 Jun 11, 04:50PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Lantry - 20 Jun 11, 07:26PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Viper - 20 Jun 11, 09:17PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Bukz - 20 Jun 11, 07:05PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by V-Man - 21 Jun 11, 04:18AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by MCS - 21 Jun 11, 03:53PM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by V-Man - 22 Jun 11, 04:11AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by HellJanitorIsHispanic - 22 Jun 11, 04:26AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by Orynge - 22 Jun 11, 11:45AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by titiPT - 03 Jul 11, 12:24AM
RE: Headshot City/Headshotcity/... - by MCS - 03 Jul 11, 12:28AM