AssaultCube 1.3 Lockdown-Edition
Hello everybody

AssaultCube v1.3 Lockdown-Edition has been released!

Get it here:
[Please note that you might get a security warning on Windows when running the installer. This warning will go away once sufficient users have downloaded and installed the package.]

The story:
The majority of contributions of this release were provided by Stef in the years 2014 to 2017. Also, Grenadier maintained the code base over the years. In Spring 2021 during the COVID-19 pandemic a group consisting of former contributors decided to go for a temporary comeback and to resume work with three primary goals:

Please find the release notes here:
https://assault.cubers.net/docs/history.html

Special thanks to BrutalSystem who did an amazing job testing all the alpha and beta builds.

Thank you for all your support!
Finally!! Thanks guys. Good job!
Thanks given by:
Linux archive is a tarbomb :\
Repack it please
Thanks given by:
This is a good time to show you a few things. Note another huge drop in the amount of players that were in version 1.2 so watch how many are in version 1.3 (The change happened just 2 weeks ago). This happened in the past also when they (devs) changed weapon damage, when they restricted map creation, etc. Every time the Devs "touch" the game they manage to kill more and more players. (emoji dont work here)
The game could exist with a lot of players and be very attractive, even today. Old games have their charm and many fans. But here we are again!
One more shot in the players' faces, and for what? Emojis? A weird nade? Pizza break? More maps of Halo and your friends? Servers that kick for inactivity (2sec)? A mobile version (nobody plays, it sucks). So that the game loses its dynamics and becomes slow like Counter Strike, right?
That's why we also have so many inactives on Discord.
It's a shame this game was never made for gamers. Players know this, so they don't participate in creating the new versions. Players know that they will not be heard, that maps will be chosen by the king's friends. That an entire community of players (Gema -- Its called GEMA not Parkour - Don't know what GEMA is? True? Where have you been for these 10 years?) will be destroyed. Anyway, the king is naked. Again.
Welcome to: AC Halo's Counter Strike Edition + Inactivity Kick Addon

Where am I wrong?

my sincere opinion
Thanks given by: zero
Good work bro
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 21, 11:37PM)Some of the statements that you have made are possibly valid. These are early days, let us wait and see. What you have not mentioned is that since the last update, all I have ever heard,  players almost demanding a new version. Well we got it. Ok it is not what you personally desired, but am sure the dev team,  are taking note.Let us not forget amigo, these people have spent weeks and weeks of planning and coding to try and make AC more acceptable to more players. No word of payment has been mentioned.Ok there are issues. I do think perhaps the maps are still looking dated. Gloomy to be honest. Which encourages custom map making etc.As for server installation. I have tried numerous times to compile the native server with Centos . It reports missing files.  Namely 'windows.h'As for the Emoji, Stef came up with that idea a few years ago. I have noticed during game play quite a few players experiment with it. So perhaps it is a good addition. Better to have, than not have. As I mentioned, let us wait and see. Wrote: This is a good time to show you a few things. Note another huge drop in the amount of players that were in version 1.2 so watch how many are in version 1.3 (The change happened just 2 weeks ago). This happened in the past also when they (devs) changed weapon damage, when they restricted map creation, etc. Every time the Devs "touch" the game they manage to kill more and more players. (emoji dont work here)
The game could exist with a lot of players and be very attractive, even today. Old games have their charm and many fans. But here we are again!
One more shot in the players' faces, and for what? Emojis? A weird nade? Pizza break? More maps of Halo and your friends? Servers that kick for inactivity (2sec)? A mobile version (nobody plays, it sucks). So that the game loses its dynamics and becomes slow like Counter Strike, right?
That's why we also have so many inactives on Discord.
It's a shame this game was never made for gamers. Players know this, so they don't participate in creating the new versions. Players know that they will not be heard, that maps will be chosen by the king's friends. That an entire community of players (Gema -- Its called GEMA not Parkour - Don't know what GEMA is? True? Where have you been for these 10 years?) will be destroyed. Anyway, the king is naked. Again.
Welcome to: AC Halo's Counter Strike Edition + Inactivity Kick Addon

Where am I wrong?

my sincere opinion
Thanks given by:
Dont get me wrong. I spend my time playing because I like the game. Developers spend hours coding because they like to code. (I hope no Dev has been FORCED to program for AC!) Of course, we can always see the bright side.
* GEMA community hit hard. *Is it true that GEMA servers are banned from masterserver?
* SS Hitler is still free on the servers and with the same nickname. * Cheaters keep flying around.
* The official maps are strongly similar, some differ, few. AC_Coal ;) (But nobody play it)
* Why doesn't the update keep the old configs? *Have map creation restrictions changed again? So can we adjust (fix) the Syria map so that it goes into the official package so it doesn't get changed anymore (edited)?
* What information does the game "take" from my system and computer? What is that bash number? * Where can I find the game's GDPR?
* Where is the new game mode? Has the AI of bots been improved?
*Does pizza break define upgrade to 1.3?
*Better menus to show servers with official maps and free maps and GEMA? Why not?
I thought about joining the publicity team for this new version. But I couldn't divulge something I didn't know what it would be. I made the right choice. I can't imagine publicizing the end of the GEMA community.
Maybe go back and call this version the Ômicron Edition.
Thanks given by:
1Cap, amigo. Listen to what I say here.
What you have said about Halo is perhaps a tad rash, don't you think.
I mean the guy has produced and continues to add to AC. His clan has been around almost as long as DES.
Ok he can be a teeny bit , I am the main man. But I like him., never done me any harm, except take the piss out of me lol. It's a private joke.
So perhaps before you go further, an apology would be a good place to begin. I know your speaking from your perspective. If your input was not accepted then how come your still here saying these things. I do not see a ban on you. What I am trying to say is, cool down think before you press those keys. Your a long time player. So your points are valid.
Do not forget we are all here for one thing. ASSAULTCUBE. I have been here over ten years. still a shite player. Always have been, hard to play with two fingers xd. But I keep coming here everyday to get my ass kicked. Wonders when boomy will be back.

As for SS|Hitme with a ban. Give him some space, he now has a server. Lets wait and see if he has more to offer. If you speak to him, you will find he is actually a great guy. Ok he has be a wanker in the past. But I can name quite a few players who have cheated etc and then we see the better side of them.
This is a new dawn for AC. Support it !
Thanks given by:
Hello. About Halo: This is not personal, he got involved with an important part of the game, the maps. Considerations about official maps go through Halo, that's it, you know? Not as an individual, but as a member with an important role in the game and I don't think he's doing things right. That's my opinion. And I believe I can share here, can't I?
About [SS] Hitler: No talk!. Nazi advertising was never allowed in this game. And this shouldn't change just because people are too old and tired to take care of their servers. Anyone who cannot manage the server should not create one. What kind of image does someone using the nickname [SS]Hitler bring to the game? I'll tell you, the worst possible. I say no to Nazi advertising. There are no doubts here.

Thank you for the tone with which you wrote. I appreciate intelligent and educated people.
Thanks given by: vector
(05 Dec 21, 10:40AM)Perl5 Wrote: Linux archive is a tarbomb :\
Repack it please

Hi, I do not know what distro your using. If you are having issues with tar compressed files. Then first install bzip2. I cannot comment too much on bloated Ubuntu. Not my cup of tea, I am afraid. But heyo here we go with simple answer to tarball. One day we may discover why linux is so diverse with zippy files. Idk

Redhat  sudo yum install bzip2
Debian  sudo apt-get install bzip2

Then :     tar -xvf AssaultCube_v1.3.tar.bz2 -C /home/matrix  (of course your own directory )

Hope this helps

bip2red
Thanks given by:
Hello everybody

AssaultCube v1.3.0.1 Lockdown-Edition has been released!

Get it here:
[Please note that you might get a security warning on Windows when running the installer. This warning will go away once sufficient users have downloaded and installed the package.]

Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 22, 07:37PM)flowtron Wrote: Please find the release notes here:

hasnt updated for 1.3.0.1 (for me at least), what exactly is changed? :)
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 22, 12:39AM)Marti Wrote:
(26 Jan 22, 07:37PM)flowtron Wrote: Please find the release notes here:

hasnt updated for 1.3.0.1 (for me at least), what exactly is changed? :)

Your browser might have cached the old webpage.
Do CTRL+F5 in your browser while viewing the release notes webpage to reset the cache.

https://imgur.com/a/gYi0Fvg
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 22, 02:23AM)RandomPanda Wrote: hasnt updated for 1.3.0.1 (for me at least), what exactly is changed? :)

Your browser might have cached the old webpage.
Do CTRL+F5 in your browser while viewing the release notes webpage to reset the cache.

https://imgur.com/a/gYi0Fvg

works now without resetting cache, not sure what went wrong :) tyty
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know what servervita is meant to achieve?

Also why was the compilation changed so drastically. To compile with Redhat, now requires MinGW. A package no longer supported by Epel-release due to security issues. So does anyone know why servervita exists and why the windows header is now an issue with Redhat Compiling. EG windows.h error file missing.

A small bug, not a major issue. During the login process , a new AC session is started, resulting in two sessions of AC simultaneously. Not one to worry about. But it does show this version has created some issues.

If I am honest I am not so sure the new version has actually advanced the quality of AC at all. Albeit I think the gamma fix is great. But that's about it really.
Thanks given by:
Hello everybody

AssaultCube v1.3.0.2 Lockdown-Edition has been released!
We are continuing to work on a lot of aspects, the latest changes include:
  • the server sends messages so you know what data was used for shuffeling (random < match < vita)
  • switching to spectator only incurs respawn delay, not suicide/teamkill
  • the overview spectator can now see the flags in tilted-model or radar-like ways through overviewflags setting
  • connect protocol waits for authentication with the masterserver before connecting
  • register connect protocol script for linux

Get it here:

Thanks given by: