AssaultCube 1.3 Lockdown-Edition BETA-3
Hello everybody

AssaultCube v1.3 Lockdown-Edition BETA-3 has been released.

We would be very happy if you test this release again extensively. From now on we will only fix critical bugs and minor adjustments and include them in the 1.3 final release to ensure the stability of the software. Further changes and improvements will be released as 1.3.x minor releases or patches in due time.

The majority of work on BETA-3 has been implemented by grenadier and BrutalSystem. Big thanks.

Changes since BETA-2 are as follows:
- Map improvements
- key start having keyrepeat after a specific event executed #367
- coloring text directly in serverinfo_en and motd_en is not working #394
- Fixed setamin 0
- Fixed showing equipment in animation of dead player
- Calculate accuracy only from multiplayer
- Show player name instead of igraph image
- Add new smiles in inlined images
- Search for mods also in profile
- Various fixes and improvements
- Adjust distance between 3-digit score counters on HUD
- Fix pistol clips pickup when akimbo magazine is full
- Fix showing player names in serverbrowser
- Fix position info for third person perspective spectating
- Fix showing minimap/radar in fly spectate mode
- Fix automatic switching to primary weapon after grenade throw
- Don't check collision during spectating in all player perspectives
- Change default graphics settings to "Good"
- Fix attack animation of player1 displayed on the water
- Improve existing mapmodel definitions
- Documentation updates
- Various improvements and cleanups

Downloads:
- Windows
- Linux
- Mac

Further information:
- Known Issues here

Bug Reports:
We are kindly asking you to report any bugs on Github and don't forget to add "[release_1.3_beta3]" to the subject. Please always include a screenshot or video. Also, please check the known issues list to see if your bug was already reported. If one of the existing bugs is not properly resolved (it happens :) then please re-reopen the existing bug instead of creating a new one. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your support.
Thanks given by: YesWeCamp , RandomPanda , Brutal System
The current test server provided by XRD will be updated soon to beta-3. Please use your own server for the moment to avoid issues. Thank you.

XRD edit: Server is updated (Nov 2, 2021) v3
Thanks given by:
It's incredible how much more fluid the gameplay is. Very nice. I also encountered a problem. The gamma is automatically set to 100 every new map. I use double screens which somehow made my regular gamma too dark. This seems to affect AC only. I have to adjust it to /gamma 300 everytime I start playing in AC 1.2. In AC 1.3 I have to change it not only once when I start up, but with every map. It's a little inconvenient for me, especially when playing matches, because then I would first have to adjust gamma or bind the cmd and hit it everytime.
Thanks given by:
Also a lot of maps don't load properly, saying I'm running an older version.
Thanks given by:
(02 Nov 21, 09:30AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: set to 100 every new map. I use double screens which somehow made my regular gamma too dark. This seems to affect AC only. I have to adjust it to /gamma 300 everytime I start playing in AC 1.2. In AC 1.3 I have to change it not only once when I start up, but with every map. It's a little inconvenient for me, especially when playing matches, because then I would first have to adjust gamma or bind the cmd and hit it everytime.

Remark: "gamma" command changes gamma only temporary, to next map start.

/gamma
gamma only temporary.

/setgamma
set gamma value for this map.

/defaultgamma
set default gamma for maps without own default (non-persistent).

check Video settings

(02 Nov 21, 08:57PM)YesWeCamp Wrote: Also a lot of maps don't load properly, saying I'm running an older version.

Not a problem with beta3, these are outdated servers that owners need to update.
Thanks given by:
I would like to say thank you for the new version. Gameplay seems to be more effective and smooth.  A massive effort on your part and very much appreciated.  Have to say the emoji seems to be catching on. 

I play everyday, not so much as I would like but I have reasons for that. The only issue I find is the compilation of the native server, leaves me with missing files using Centos OS , such as 'windows.h'. But I will sort that out sometime when I am not so busy.  Moving to Ubuntu would not be an option.
I noted that in the bin_unix folder it specifies a need for a 64 client . Am lost on that one.  

Other that . Nice one !
Ps It would be handy if the server list update did not list old protocol servers. Makes it almost impossible to list unresponsive servers
Thanks given by: