AssaultCube Mobile
AssaultCube Mobile for Android is now in Public Beta. You can get it here. Please note that the link only works if accessed from an Android device.

One of the remaining issues is "stability". We do not know for sure if the app is running well on different devices and therefore we are releasing the public beta now to gather more data. Please let us know should you encounter any crashes.

Bug Reports:
We are kindly asking you to report any bugs on Github @ https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/issues/new and don't forget to add "[acmobile_beta3]" to the subject. Please always include a screenshot. Also, please check the known issues list to see if your bug was already reported.

Thank you!
Thanks given by: SrPER$IAN
I love it, this is fantastic ya'll!

Two questions:

How are the servers chosen for people? Are these "official" servers?

How feature complete is this? That will help inform my level of issue submission. Two big things I'd recommend off the bat is a tutorial (or just showing the help image), and ability to show the scoreboard midgame.
Thanks given by:
Glad you like it!

Quote:How are the servers chosen for people? Are these "official" servers?

Yes, there are currently four official servers hosted on the masterserver. Thanks to XRD. Btw, here are some general docs.

Quote:How feature complete is this? That will help inform my level of issue submission. Two big things I'd recommend off the bat is a tutorial (or just showing the help image), and ability to show the scoreboard midgame.

Flowtron is currently working on some security related feature which will be finished soon. Other than that I think we should publish the app asap and not wait any longer. However, Flow is of the opinion that we should have a tutorial before publishing the app but my fear is that this is taking too long to complete because it requires conceptual work, coding and then also mapping. Would you show the help icon directly on the game screen (like, top-left) ? Scoreboard makes sense, someone else mentioned this as well.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 21, 06:05AM)driAn Wrote: However, Flow is of the opinion that we should have a tutorial before publishing the app but my fear is that this is taking too long to complete because it requires conceptual work, coding and then also mapping. Would you show the help icon directly on the game screen (like, top-left) ?

I think it is even easier than that. There is the starting intro to the game where you select your name, weapon, skin, stuff like that. I'd make it so when the game starts up it just shows the controls as a screen you flip through. Maybe making the help button more accessible would be good. My experience was starting up the game and then spending the first 3 minutes not sure how to shoot the gun. Eventually I figured it out but it took awhile. Later I realized I could've just looked for the help screen.
Thanks given by: driAn This user is a dev/forum admin
with such controls its unplayable at all, look at cod or any other mobile shooter
Thanks given by:
Controls are matter of taste. I don't like cod style of controls. Ratings from people on google play that actually play mobile shooters will provide us the data if we need an additional control scheme or not.
Thanks given by:
I don't usually play games on mobile, but I think AC looks pretty neat on mobile. Those textures really stand out. There are 3 things that I found:
1. Clicking anywhere on the left side of the screen is a jump. But the control board says you got to swipe to jump. An upward swipe feels most logical to me.
2. At first I was able to shoot, but now I can't shoot anymore for some reason.
3. Some kind of voting system could be good. Being able to kick/ban someone would be nice, because if theres a teamkiller people would like to get rid of him.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 21, 04:37PM)driAn Wrote: Controls are matter of taste. I don't like cod style of controls.
lol
Yes its matter of taste, but in ur ac mobile its same as playing pc ac with ZXCV instead of WASD, with jump at P and shooting with T+F+G, probably the best compare =)
I played mobile shooters a lot in past, and pubg/cod is the best for casual dual fingers or competitive 4 fingers style, ur ac mobile is unplayable at all for any1 who played games at mobile devices
Thanks given by:
Using the volume up button for shooting is something I didn't see before, but that works fine for me. The shooting by tapping seems to be very unreliable.
Thanks given by:
I think it's ingenious that the volume buttons are used for shooting. A good rendition of the actual game on mobile, inkeeping with the theme of AC. The only issues I had was with the jumping. Having it be a swipe I would trigger it without doing anything, it might be easier with a separate button for jumping. :)
Thanks given by:
Quote:I'd make it so when the game starts up it just shows the controls as a screen you flip through. Maybe making the help button more accessible would be good. My experience was starting up the game and then spending the first 3 minutes not sure how to shoot the gun. Eventually I figured it out but it took awhile. Later I realized I could've just looked for the help screen.

I do have a question here. On the "choose your battleground" screen did you try out the "solo/training" battleground? This will show the explainer screen with the controls immediately before you spawn on the map. I am curious to know because I assume most people will jump straight into play offline/online instead.

Quote:Clicking anywhere on the left side of the screen is a jump. But the control board says you got to swipe to jump. An upward swipe feels most logical to me.

Yes that is an issue - it should only jump if you swipe outside the circle and not if you tap anywhere on the left hand side. You can swipe out in any direction out of the circle. The reason for this is that you can choose direction of jump while keeping max velocity. I realize now that the explainer screen only shows north-east direction (to keep the image simple) and this might confuse people.

Quote:At first I was able to shoot, but now I can't shoot anymore for some reason.

Most likely you switched attack key from double-tap to volume-up. The explainer screen only shows double-tap. We should probably show an alternate explainer screen if volume-up is enabled.

Quote:Some kind of voting system could be good. Being able to kick/ban someone would be nice, because if theres a teamkiller people would like to get rid of him.

That would be nice. If tk'ers or cheaters become a problem another more decentralized approach would be to allow you to host a game and invite your friends with an URL.

Quote:The only issues I had was with the jumping. Having it be a swipe I would trigger it without doing anything, it might be easier with a separate button for jumping. :)

The challenge is that you do not want to lose velocity while jumping. Of course you could use the other thumb to press a separate jump button. However that would mean you loose the ability to aim while you move.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 21, 08:06AM)driAn Wrote:
Quote:I'd make it so when the game starts up it just shows the controls as a screen you flip through. Maybe making the help button more accessible would be good. My experience was starting up the game and then spending the first 3 minutes not sure how to shoot the gun. Eventually I figured it out but it took awhile. Later I realized I could've just looked for the help screen.

I do have a question here. On the "choose your battleground" screen did you try out the "solo/training" battleground? This will show the explainer screen with the controls immediately before you spawn on the map. I am curious to know because I assume most people will jump straight into play offline/online instead.

Nope, I didn't select that.
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube Mobile for Android has just been released publicly. You can get it here.

The app is available in the US, Germany and Switzerland. US because our server infrastructure reside there and we want to be sure our new players have an acceptable latency when playing online. Germany and Switzerland due to further user acceptance testing.

Special thanks to Flowtron who sacrificed his private life the last couple of weeks to make this possible.

Thanks to everyone who helped us test and improve the app.

Please support us and tell your friends to rate the app. Thank you!
Thanks given by: RandomPanda , SrPER$IAN
Could download it in Netherlands as well.

When I tried to move around, any milimeter from the moving pad, i would jump, which I personally found very annoying. would suggest it not having the whole left part of screen as a jump button. Also I selected SMG as preferred weapon at the start, and it spawned me with carbine?
Thanks given by:
I could dl it from Iran run it smoothly on a Android mid device. But I couldn't join any online server unless I used VPN and changed my ip to Germany.

The game loads smoothly. Though I didn't expect a PC-like easy movement but like some others mentioned too, there are some glitches with the jumping. Specially when I wanted to walk backward and jump(swipe) at the same time it was feeling like mission impossible. The reload button also seemed a little too far and small for me. Maybe it can be working better if got bigger and also moved closer down-right part of the screen. Also the same can be done for the scope button.
Plus I had no idea how to TAB to see whether anyone else was online.or what's my score. I guess there is still no option for this.

Awesome job still. I appreciate it much. But is it going to get connected to the main computer AC on the next updates? If yes how can players on mobile play vs pc gamers?
Or it's just a separate game on mobile only?
Thanks given by: