Mapping contest possibility?
Firstly before we get to the heavy business part of this topic, would anyone even be interested in another mapping contest?

I have decided to open a discussion thread on hosting a new mapping contest. I am looking at some major changes compared to all previous contest and I have brainstormed over them quite a bit. All of this is up for respectful debate and I will consider any actual ideas that are suggested.

Changes in scoring:
In previous contest the scoring was as followed;
Theme
Textures
Lighting
Detail
Sounds
Layout/Gameplay
Average (overall of the above)
This will be rated from 1-10.

The change to this that I had thought about was this;
Layout and Gameplay mechanics 1-10 (this means pickups, spawns, or anything that openly hurts the gameplay such as lag spikes or poor layout).
Detail and Theme mechanics 1-10 (this is your sounds, lights, textures, how well it followed the theme, mapmodel use, etc).
Add these two scores together to get your overall (so best possible would be 20).
Then add this overall score with that of a community poll. Adding the overall score with the amount of votes from a poll it received.

In theory this should level out any biased voting and hold better played maps to an equal standing of just a good looking map. A good playing map can get you just as many points in the end this way and not be out weighed.

Changes in rules:
The rules in previous contest were as followed;
* Map wasn't released anywhere before
* One map per person (more than one person per map is fine)
* No stealing
* No judge was involved in the process of making the map
* Anyone can enter, no requirements are set based off mapping experience

I am also thinking about a few changes here as well and those are;
Map can be released anywhere before but must at least be updated to a newer version for the contest.
Anyone can submit multiple maps from any age.
No stealing of maps.
No judge involvement of any kind!
Anyone can enter (however, will be no newcomer class this time like previously before, all will be judged together)

I am also open to discuss prizes, theme, and judges, as none of this has been decided or even really discussed.

This is all just an open topic but please lets keep it civil. I am willingly to work with people on this if it stays at a decent level. Help me, help you.
Thanks given by: Walt , YesWeCamp
Hey there. This sounds like a damn great idea. If this is happening, Count me in.
Discord: Walt#0635
Thanks given by:
I'll inform zero, he might be in :)
Thanks given by: zero
I think it's a great idea. This voting system sounds good. I'd prefer a mapping contest with a theme, makes comparing easier. I love to see different takes on the same subject.
Thanks given by:
I do want to point out that the idea for a theme is open for discussion. I didn't have any ideas so feel free to pitch one and I'll see about it. I might even open a poll if there are enough ideas pitched. Also it would be nice to see if anyone is interested in joining so I could get a head count just to see if it is worth it as well
Thanks given by:
I'd be interested, would be nice to see some activity in ac mapping
Thanks given by:
I don't know how to edit my first post to include it, so I will just post here.
These are the 4 ideas I discussed with a tiny group for a possible theme, let me know which you would be more interested in; villa/village, fort/base/bunker, industrial, or mines (a similar theme has been done before, underground was the theme of the 7th contest).
Also I am working on a discord for this contest to make it a bit more active and direct and I will post that soon.
Thanks given by:
Fort.
Thanks given by:
I vote industial/bunker
Thanks given by:
(19 Aug 20, 01:43PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: I don't know how to edit my first post to include it, so I will just post here.
These are the 4 ideas I discussed with a tiny group for a possible theme, let me know which you would be more interested in; villa/village, fort/base/bunker, industrial, or mines (a similar theme has been done before, underground was the theme of the 7th contest).
Also I am working on a discord for this contest to make it a bit more active and direct and I will post that soon.

Mines
Thanks given by:
Fort/bunker
Thanks given by:

Big idea.
It would be a lot of fun to play a team fortress map. A well drawn map, a river, a bridge and a good reason to fight;) In the Loire Valley in France I can see good inspirations. | This scenario would be very good at sunset ...
Thanks given by: