Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fra A vs Ger A rematch
Both teams agreed to play this saturday at 21:30 gmt+2.
Thanks given by:
I confirm.
Thanks given by: starix/A/
Good luck and have fun
Thanks given by: Nightmare , Robtics
Do we have a ref?
Thanks given by:
I think that's 3:30PM my time, I'll try to be there.
Thanks given by:
I'll probably be around to ref/cast if there is a stream.
Thanks given by:
EDIT: No I can't stream this sorry
Thanks given by:
Going live @ http://www.twitch.tv/vanqu1sh_ in 5 mins, Harrek and DamDam casting.
Thanks given by:
put back textures and lights, it is ugly to watch ...
Thanks given by:
EDIT: removed due to lack of proof

However: i told you mousikos; but you completely ignored my warnings :/
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 15, 09:20PM)Luc@s Wrote: However: i told you mousikos; but you completely ignored my warnings :/
Completely ignored? I didn't ignore it. I was busy. I was finishing up projects, preparing for vacation, and then actually on vacation. I don't know what kind of vacations you usually take, but mine usually don't involve sitting in front of a computer coding. And quite frankly, I had a 12 hour time difference between me and most of the ACWC team.

There's a reason you haven't seen me posting much on behalf of ACWC lately. A lot of things happened to have popped up in my life at this point. I don't know about you, lucas, but real life trumps video games for me. Hence, I can only make quick posts but cannot spend time (quick fix though it is) coding and working on ACWC servers. It was previously discussed before you mentioned it actually, however there was not enough time to follow through. That's why hoehunter has been making a lot of decisions and there was a discontinuity between the team for the FRA A/GER A game.
Thanks given by: DogDancing , |HP| , HoeHunter , Vanquish
(19 Jul 15, 05:27AM)Mousikos Wrote: Completely ignored? I didn't ignore it.

well, you could have asked helped then instead of never replying.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 15, 10:16AM)Luc@s Wrote: well, you could have asked helped then instead of never replying.

I did, just not from you.
Thanks given by:
Well, i told you how to do it, like, /exactly/ how to, that would have taken a maximum of an hour to set it all up. You didn't even bother to reply anything (not even that you read this message - which is an obvious lack of respect considering the fact i've taken the time to address it to you), and now basically you're saying that you asked someone else for "help", but after you didn't get it you gave up because you didn't want to ask people you didn't like.

its funny, because people claim that i refuse "help" from some people, while i actually asked these people to make proper and better formulated suggestions or submit patches.

And thats exactly what i did, wheni found myself in this situation - giving you detailed enough solutions - but you denied it completely. This is so fucked up... But i guess, you'd rather get the games ddosd, rather than accepting the fact you should have got these things done.
Thanks given by: Honor , quico , Halte
weed lounge match servers have ddos protection for a while now actually according to Lissy ... maybe use them for future matches
Thanks given by: DogDancing
(20 Jul 15, 04:00PM)Robtics Wrote: weed lounge match servers have ddos protection for a while now actually according to Lissy ... maybe use them for future matches

You can try it, but some of the servers that were ddosd actually had these "ddos protections", except that sometimes they cannot be efficient or not quickly enough to prevent disconnections.
its safer to implement what i suggested - but if its not done, well yes you can try every possible server until one is miraculously "un-ddos-able"
Thanks given by: quico , Halte
Why don't we just change the names of the servers and remove them from the masterserver so people can't see the ip?
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 15, 05:32PM)HoeHunter Wrote: Why don't we just change the names of the servers and remove them from the masterserver so people can't see the ip?

Also release a client that doesn't show the server on the scoreboard.
Thanks given by:
Well this is what i suggested, along with private match servers, rent for a few hours (it is possible).

So it should take 5 minutes to make that client and maybe idk a few tenth minutes to rent a server, make a deployment script etc...
Thanks given by: Halte
(20 Jul 15, 05:52PM)Luc@s Wrote: Well this is what i suggested, along with private match servers, rent for a few hours (it is possible).

So it should take 5 minutes to make that client and maybe idk a few tenth minutes to rent a server, make a deployment script etc...
Well since you make it sound so easy, why not flatter us and make it happen?
Thanks given by:
I already did it in the past actually, since you are suggesting that im exaggerating about how easy it is; when vanquish and yopa organized a tournament this year, i set up a "rescue" server for them, based on what i said.

Why would i have done it mousikos doesn't even reply to my post ? Also, why would i have to pay for the servers myself when its /your/ tournament ?
Thanks given by: Halte
(20 Jul 15, 06:16PM)Luc@s Wrote: I already did it in the past actually, since you are suggesting that im exaggerating about how easy it is; when vanquish and yopa organized a tournament this year, i set up a "rescue" server for them, based on what i said.

I can confirm this is true, it literally took five minutes.
Thanks given by:
Ok, if you could put together a client that hides the server from the scoreboard that would be great, and it sounds like you already have one. Since vanquish is doing the streaming I will leave it to him to get this set up with Lucas if he so chooses.
Thanks given by: